• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton 1 - 0 Wolves: The Verdict (or lack thereof) Thread

It was really good and you should definitely keep them going. I think you need to step back and think about how you actually view the blog, it's not a product, you're not selling it, you don't make a living doing it, just stop putting yourself under false pressure and do what comes naturally, which is writing witty observations about football.

Yeah, stop being a twat and write shit

(love ya really xx)

I can sort the writing, not sure about the stopping being a twat but I'll have a go. That's not deluded like people on the X Factor.

Didn't know so many of you cared ;) so I'll have a go at writing a Leeds preview if I can make time tomorrow. Always open to suggestions because one of the reasons I was a bit unhappy with the output was the stock preview/review format gets a bit tired - especially reviews, by the time I get round to writing something it's invariably old news - so I dunno, if there's anything that seems a good idea, message me or start a thread or something.

You keep putting them up we'll keep reading them. Don't worry about quality or format. We'll tell you if it's shit :icon_wink:

Quality or format ?? do you read any of the posts on here :)

If it means anything at all I would much rather read an erudite piece from someone passionate than any newspaper article.

ps. I googled the word erudite

DW, most people read a blog because they find the subject interesting and want to know the writer's view on said subject.

What we are saying is that we want to read what you think, as it's more often than not worth listening to (and so we can take the piss).

I must say that I was disappointed you'd stop doing them, but understand if it has become tedious.

I can only agree with all of the posts above DW. Now quit being a tool and get writing. :)

DW stop beating yourself up, everyone loves it so give your public what they want. It's easy to overcriticise yourself from a creative point of view, but the response from your readers should spur you on.

DW stop beating yourself up, everyone loves it so give your public what they want. It's easy to overcriticise yourself from a creative point of view, but the response from your readers should spur you on.

talking of which Pav, i'm sure we all miss your blogs too. when are you resuming 'life in greece' ?

I also very much enjoyed Deutsch Wolf blogs. Not being able to get to many games now because of disability \i thoroughly enjoy them and looked forward to them.

For the same reason as some others I also enjoy the blogs, since having kiddies I don't go as much as I used to. Giving up my season ticket was gut wrenching so to have a proper fans perspective with a sprinkling of wit when I can't attend is great. I also know that DW's opinions are generally (not always but most of the time) bang on the money so I know what im reading is pretty accurate as well as an enjoyable read.

Oh and by the way I think the personal post on your blog was very brave I wish you all the very best with that situation.

Yes mate, you don't want to be referred to as the Starsailor of TWF due to your short but illustrious career, do you ???

Yes mate, you don't want to be referred to as the Starsailor of TWF due to your short but illustrious career, do you ???
:icon_lol:

That's a low blow!

Throw my 2p worth in as well DW

Your articles are always a very good read - much better than very many I see elsewhere (inc from those getting paid to do it)

No pressure though - you need to do whats right for you.

talking of which Pav, i'm sure we all miss your blogs too. when are you resuming 'life in greece' ?

ha ha thanks Mick but it would be boring as hell to keep repeating the same old bad news over and over again. For me until Brexit is completed, the german election is over and the EU goes into shock, Greece is just that annoying little mosquito that won't go away when you are trying to lay the girl of your dreams , after skinny dipping on the beach at midnight.
Life here gets worse, not better and with two failed olive crops in successive years my winter earning are doing a stuka impression. I just maaged to find enough work for my electricity bill to keep me in power only to find my passport runs out in 20 days which entails a two day trip to Athens and at least 150 euros for the new hologram that i reckon will work just about as badly as the old one which cost me 100 euros ten years ago.

What is the phrase, one step forward.....................

Zenga said after the game that he felt Wolves were just as good as Brighton but that we are not getting the rub of the green.

He also feels that two of his main strikers are not fully fit, Dicko and Bod, but when they are then perhaps we will convert the numerous chances being created.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LAiy_2LZAo

Didn't get a chance to write earlier and the numbing affect of that 'performance' didn't help much either, but after seeing those comments from Zenga had to have a little say.

Brighton were so much better in every way. I can accept players will have off days, there will be odd selection choices or unfathomable strategies, but he's deluded if he thinks the outcome was decided by fitness or the "rub of the green".

We had absolutely no answer to their ability to find space. They were exceptional in switching from a defensive formation to an attacking one and did so with great effect. They pulled us apart with ease and it was evident from an early stage we were in trouble. After reading of so many lacklustre first-half performances this season, there were still reasonably high hopes for the second.

Zenga's substitutions gave a momentary lift but the changes were only in personnel, not in strategy. Brighton soon got to grips and barring a predictably frantic injury time push it was very comfortable indeed.

That's not a post to blow smoke up Brighton's backsides, but one that expresses concern; If Wolves are to head where we'd hope, Brighton would be at the lower end of ability and tactical nous.

On the evidence of Tuesday at least, we've a long way to go.

Last edited:
Back