• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton 1 v Wolves 1 - verdct thread

I've heard that Brighton actually source a guest ale in from their opponents city to sell in the concourse pre-match. Excellent idea if you ask me. Almost as good as Blackburn's 2 pint challenge!

I've heard that Brighton actually source a guest ale in from their opponents city to sell in the concourse pre-match. Excellent idea if you ask me. Almost as good as Blackburn's 2 pint challenge!

Is it cask though, not that I would want to drink alcohol on a football ground concourse (notable exception Stockport beer festival, where a least you can retire to a seat in the stand).

They had three beers on draught, bitter, lager and strongbow.

The bitter was Sussex and superb....I tried a couple just to be sure ;)

In answer to an earlier question, Afobe dropped to number 10 when Dicko came on and was more effective there than Henry IMO. Henry wasn't convincing at all, Afobe is a class player and is intelligent enough to have some impact in that role. I do have time for RVLP but he had a nightmare, everything he did was shit and that includes the cross for the goal.

I actually thought it was a pretty entertaining game, especially in the second half when it was pretty breathless end to end stuff. Brighton are probably better than their position suggests and so with the other results I thought it wasn't a disastrous point. Probably a fair result but wow how we could have done with that Sako chance going in at the end.

I'll echo the others guys and say Brighton were great hosts and the ale was good!

To be honest I'm at the point now where I don't even read the opinions on Van la Parra because there never seems to be any middle ground on him.

Looking at the highlights afobe could/should have scored early and Sako had one off the line after that initial save, might have been different had that gone in.

Football League Show definitely made it out that we had the chances to win, as did KJ in his post-match interview.

Did anyone else notice the clanger Jon Champion dropped in the reporting?

Something like, "Afobe was thwarted by Kuszczack on his return to the AmEx".

Something like, "Afobe was thwarted by Kuszczack on his return to the AmEx".[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did. He must have been sampling some of that excellent ale too. :burp:

To be honest I'm at the point now where I don't even read the opinions on Van la Parra because there never seems to be any middle ground on him.

I understand your comment

Highlight....he runs fast, but is shit
Middle ......he shit
Hard view..he is lightweight, doesn't go for 50:50 balls, his delivery is poor, he is shit

I tend to go for the hard view but I will accept your middle view

Football League Show definitely made it out that we had the chances to win, as did KJ in his post-match interview.

Something like, "Afobe was thwarted by Kuszczack on his return to the AmEx".

I mentioned it earlier if you look. Piss poor by Champion.

I understand your comment

Highlight....he runs fast, but is shit
Middle ......he shit
Hard view..he is lightweight, doesn't go for 50:50 balls, his delivery is poor, he is shit

I tend to go for the hard view but I will accept your middle view

He's not shit though is he, he's a young lad in a new league who has done quite well. He has contributed quite a lot this season, yes he is raw and very inconsistent but shit he is not.

I think it's extremely harsh to label van la Parra 'shit'.

He's come to a new country, still fairly young and made a decent impact in his first season with us. He's frustrating because he is very skillful, but fails to use it effectively enough. Do think that will come and as the team improves, so will he.

He's not $#@! though is he, he's a young lad in a new league who has done quite well. He has contributed quite a lot this season, yes he is raw and very inconsistent but $#@! he is not.
Agreed, with his assist return this season I think ultimately the stick he gets is undeserved and I really hate the idea that his relationship with the fans may sour because of vitriol from the negative types. He seems a likable enough young man and he no doubt needs support from the supporters to help him adjust to life in a new country.

I'm pretty soft on him but I quite like his flair and he doesn't seem to be an almighty cunt like so many who can dribble as he can.

I think it's extremely harsh to label van la Parra '$#@!'.

He's come to a new country, still fairly young and made a decent impact in his first season with us. He's frustrating because he is very skillful, but fails to use it effectively enough. Do think that will come and as the team improves, so will he.

He has pace
He runs with the ball

But that's it

He is poor with his final delivery
He is lightweight
He bottles 50:50 challenges
He falls over a lot
He gets muscled off the ball

He is fucking frustrating

Agreed, with his assist return this season I think ultimately the stick he gets is undeserved and I really hate the idea that his relationship with the fans may sour because of vitriol from the negative types. He seems a likable enough young man and he no doubt needs support from the supporters to help him adjust to life in a new country.

I'm pretty soft on him but I quite like his flair and he doesn't seem to be an almighty $#@! like so many who can dribble as he can.

I am a positive supporter, but he flatters to decieve

I have seen him in the flesh home and away, dismiss that if you will it is my opinion, and their were not many that disagreed either on the coach or who went to the game

Disagreeing and dismissing are two different things.

The first few times I saw him I would agree with Edgmond, the last couple of games I've seen there has definitely been an improvement, I haven't seen him any where near as often as Edg but this close to the end of the season and given our position I would give him till the end of the season to see if there is further improvement, if not then change him for next season. As an alternative we only really have Henry, so happy to see them fight for that position in the team.

Back