• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton 1 v Wolves 1 - verdct thread

That Lionel Messi and Alexis Sanchez are right powerhouses. These people talking about bulking up know $#@! all about strength and the strength needed for football. Don't be sucked into it Alan.

Messi and Sanchez are both more muscular than Rajiv, you have to admit that.

I don't see why bulking up a little should mean he loses some of his quickness or maneuverability. You don't find hardly any NFL wide receivers less than 180lbs and they're plenty fleet of foot. I can't find Rajiv's weight at the moment but I can't imagine he's close to 180.

I think core strength would be more beneficial for him than building loads of muscle.

As for Rajiv, someone needs to have a word in his shell-like, and tell him to get at the defender and use his pace rather than show everyone how good he is at stepovers. Sometimes the simple things are the best.

He has pace
He runs with the ball

But that's it

He is poor with his final delivery
He is lightweight
He bottles 50:50 challenges
He falls over a lot
He gets muscled off the ball

He is fucking frustrating
Firstly, really appreciate the verdict - cheers for that, mate.

However, I've got to disagree with your bashing of VLP. Looking at where Wolves are as a proposition to potential incoming transfers - we're not going to be able to sign a readymade top flight winger. We're far more likely to pick up a rough diamond and improve them, over time, to hopefully become the finished product. This is what I'd consider VLP to be. He has the potential to be a top winger in this country - but just needs a bit of patience and time from the fans as it won't happen overnight. Comments like yours above will not help; as entitled to make them as you are.

His assist and goal ratio this season for a "shit" player is top draw. I was at the Watford game. Did he shirk out of the challenge that got their left back sent off? No he did not. Did he continually get kicked up in the air by him, because he was too fast and skillful? Yes he did. He might be frustrating, but like others - Sako, Dicko... even Afobe in the short space of time he's been with us - he'll improve his game at Wolves and just needs some patience from the fans.

On a separate subject, I wouldn't be totally against this forward line moving forward -

-------Dicko-------
Sako--Afobe--VLP

Pace, power, flair.

For Van La Parra see, Lee Naylor, Andy Keogh, Karl Henry, Mark Kennedy, fucking ell!, too many to remember it's gone on for years and will continue to do so, he just needs a few weeks out of the team and everyone will be screaming for his inclusion.

I can recognise some of the criticisms of RVLP, although I'd say they were applicable a couple of months ago than recently. What I don't recognise is the accusation that he bottles challenges.

I can recognise some of the criticisms of RVLP, although I'd say they were applicable a couple of months ago than recently. What I don't recognise is the accusation that he bottles challenges.

Agree. I also don't particularly care about that, he's a winger. I don't expect Danny Batth to play defence splitting through balls and I think it's unfair to expect Rajiv to tear about like a Dutch Stephen Hunt winning the ball back high up the pitch.

VLP reminds me very much of Jarvis when we first signed him. I couldn't really see what he offered, other than raw pace. He turned out to be one of our best players in a higher division, so this time I'm going to give VLP the benefit of the doubt.

That and he's already one of the best in the division in terms of assists show he could be some player.

Back