• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton 1 v Wolves 1 - verdct thread

He has pace
He runs with the ball

But that's it

He is poor with his final delivery
He is lightweight
He bottles 50:50 challenges
He falls over a lot
He gets muscled off the ball

He is fucking frustrating

He's not shit though is he, he frustrates you because he gets pushed off the ball sometimes and his final delivery isn't always great. He is inconsistent but that's to be expected, a young lad in a new country and he was a free signing. I think he's done well this season and with it under his belt can only get better next season.

He's marmite. I like what I've seen anfd think there is a fair bit of potential there.
With the right coaching and attitude from himself, I think he could be really good.

Interesting that the thread on team spirit recently shows the mood in the camp. If we continue to add quality players like Afobe to the squad, and have excellent characters with some intelligence, it could drive others on to improve too.

That's an additional benefit of having the right experienced heads in there too, a la Ricketts last year.

If I'm Tony Daley (or whoever's in charge of player fitness these days), I'm putting Rajiv on a regimen designed to bulk him up a little. Not a huge amount, but I do agree with his naysayers that he could probably do with a bit of strengthening.

I am a positive supporter, but he flatters to decieve

I have seen him in the flesh home and away, dismiss that if you will it is my opinion, and their were not many that disagreed either on the coach or who went to the game
Egmond I have read very many of your comments over the years and concur that you are a very positive contributor Alan does have a good point about young players from another country needing time to settle in Let's hope he does and becomes a great player for Wolves

Too many players focus on bulking up. It ain't all that.
If VlP bulks up, big chance he loses some pace, some ability to twist & turn, and some agility.

I'd be working on his passing, crossing and decision making. That's where his improvement could make a massive difference.
If Henry had VlP's ace, he'd be a world beater.

True, but I see 90 minutes to base my opinion on

But if your education level is shit then your opinion counts for shit. Slink, YW and others have put their arguments for and against VLP. Punts wolf, NWW and I had a decent argument about it, we agreed to disagree in the end but nobody said 'he's shit and that's that'.

Why do you think a winger 'bottling' challenges is any different to other wingers in any other division?

Seems to me you have pre-conceived and ill educated ideas on VLP, hence people switch off when you voice your opinion.

If I'm Tony Daley (or whoever's in charge of player fitness these days), I'm putting Rajiv on a regimen designed to bulk him up a little. Not a huge amount, but I do agree with his naysayers that he could probably do with a bit of strengthening.

That Lionel Messi and Alexis Sanchez are right powerhouses. These people talking about bulking up know fuck all about strength and the strength needed for football. Don't be sucked into it Alan.

Is seeing some-one play regularly and having an opinion about him pre-conceived?

Egmond I have read very many of your comments over the years and concur that you are a very positive contributor Alan does have a good point about young players from another country needing time to settle in Let's hope he does and becomes a great player for Wolves

I agree he needs time but right now he flatters to decieve.

I too hope he becomes a great player

I am just stating what I have seen over most matches this season, home and away...

Too many players focus on bulking up. It ain't all that.
If VlP bulks up, big chance he loses some pace, some ability to twist & turn, and some agility.

I'd be working on his passing, crossing and decision making. That's where his improvement could make a massive difference.
If Henry had VlP's ace, he'd be a world beater.

I agree on the bulking up thing, it's more a case of a player knowing how to use their body rather than out and out strength, if you've got yourself between man and ball then you don't have to have the brute strength to hold them off as you'll be able to buy a foul if they just go straight through you. Look a the likes of Hazard and Sterling, tiny little fuckers but both very good at manipulating their bodies so they keep something between opponent and ball all the time then they can either buy a foul or use their agility to get out of a tight space and away.

Unfortunately for RVLP I don't think that's something which is taught all that easily, seems a very instinctive thing to me at least, so he could just always have that flaw to his game. Perhaps, as you've suggested, it'd be better to work on his technique and probably more so his decision making so he's more direct when attacking a defender, trying to go past them early rather than dicking around with needless tricks which often serve only to give the defender extra time to close him down and out power him.

But if your education level is $#@! then your opinion counts for $#@!. Slink, YW and others have put their arguments for and against VLP. Punts wolf, NWW and I had a decent argument about it, we agreed to disagree in the end but nobody said 'he's $#@! and that's that'.

Why do you think a winger 'bottling' challenges is any different to other wingers in any other division?

Seems to me you have pre-conceived and ill educated ideas on VLP, hence people switch off when you voice your opinion.

You know nothing about my education level....it is a lot higher than you think but I care not

No it is not pre conceived

I don't know you, you don't know me

Those that do know me would not make such naff comments as you do on a regular basis

Is seeing some-one play regularly and having an opinion about him pre-conceived?

The characteristics you judge players by tells others what they are looking for in a player. 'Bottling' challenges tells people reading they expect players to have a characteristic of challenging, that is preconceived as a judgement. Not judging players on what they see. There is a very big difference.

Last edited:
You know nothing about my education level....it is a lot higher than you think but I care not

No it is not pre conceived

I don't know you, you don't know me

Those that do know me would not make such naff comments as you do on a regular basis

Not once have you written anything that is insightful on any player or how any team plays. This tells me your education level is average to poor when writing reports on the game. What you have written on VLP is based on what you think a player should be not on what he is. If you can't understand the difference as others more educated than you and I on here can then expect to have those comments challenged.

Not once have you written anything that is insightful on any player or how any team plays. This tells me your education level is average to poor when writing reports on the game. What you have written on VLP is based on what you think a player should be not on what he is. If you can't understand the difference as others more educated than you and I on here can then expect to have those comments challenged.

No worries, you have tried to be a smart arse every time I post, give yourself a carrot

I need to go to sleep, I have a big day tomorrow redesigning a car factory to accomodate a new model....oh dear must be thick as shit...yep there is only a few in the world that do this...

Never mind

No worries, you have tried to be a smart arse every time I post, give yourself a carrot

I need to go to sleep, I have a big day tomorrow redesigning a car factory to accomodate a new model....oh dear must be thick as $#@!...yep there is only a few in the world that do this...

Never mind

Surprised you bother to post Egmond with all that education Fair play to you

Surprised you bother to post Egmond with all that education Fair play to you

You will have seen my posts for years....I love Wolves, customers of mine know that I will be missing when the matches are on.....

I need to go to sleep, I have a big day tomorrow redesigning a car factory to accomodate a new model....oh dear must be thick as $#@!...yep there is only a few in the world that do this...

Never mind

Did you watch somebody do it home and away to make sure you could do it properly?

You will have seen my posts for years....I love Wolves, customers of mine know that I will be missing when the matches are on.....

Egmond I have the greatest respect for your love for Wolves and your genuine opinions on what you see and I know you see most games

The state of this thread.

This forum has been a fucking joke recently.

Full English breakfast (with lots of black pudding), fish, chips and mushy peas for lunch, followed by an evening curry and ten pints of 'Banks's'. We could easily turn him into Leon Clark on that diet!

Back