• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton 1 v Wolves 1 - verdct thread

Parkins left foot

'Quirk's Gay Game Winner'
Reaction score
Not a bad away point, though we do need to start getting 3s

1 point gained on Brentford & Ipswich so not the worst day we could have had - still all to play for

Ground made on the only two teams we are realistically competing with - has to be a positive.

Our home record vs the top teams is pretty good, beat Boro, Norwich and Brentford, drew with Watford and probably should have won, ref did us over vs Bournemouth and a point is likely the worst we'd have done there without his intervention. With Derby struggling I think we can target six points from the two home games and that puts us in a good position.

Happy with a point, to be honest. Brighton had won three on the bounce at home, including Derby, so were never going to be a pushover. The Brentford and Ipswich results really went our way, too, so I see it as a point gained. Obviously would've been a fantastic opportunity to snag all three, but it isn't the end of the world.

Optimistic that the next two home games could mean six points.

Still have a chance of promotion of course but honestly I don't think it will happen, Wolves are a tad too inconsistent I feel to make it there! It is ground gained but these games we really should be winning if we want to make a strong challenge

Chance missed, as far as I'm concerned.

32 points from our last 17 games. So over a third of a season showing pretty much automatic promotion form. I'll take that kind of inconsistency all day.

Not losing at Brighton is a positive result with two home games coming up. Win those and I can see us sitting 6th even after Saturday's games.

Still have a chance of promotion of course but honestly I don't think it will happen, Wolves are a tad too inconsistent I feel to make it there! It is ground gained but these games we really should be winning if we want to make a strong challenge
I don't think we are inconsistent, we are somewhere between the 6th and 10th best team in the league which is why that's where we will finish. If we ignore November, there's only really the Huddersfield and Reading home games where we didn't get the result (or better) you'd think we would before the game if you were looking at it neutrally.

Im gonna try and be as realistic as possible and predict the points totals from our remaining games

v Sheff Wed = 3 points
v Derby = 0 point
v Forest = 1 point
v Leeds = 3 points
v Brum = 3 points
v Boro = 1 point
v Ipswich = 1 point
v Wigan = 3 points
v Millwall = 3 points

18 points + 59 = 77 points

Hugely optimistic, I know, but not impossible. That should be enough to secure a play off spot but of course we need results to go our way. I can see Brentford dying off towards the end of the season but Ipswich and Norwich both have easier run ins.

I don't think we are inconsistent, we are somewhere between the 6th and 10th best team in the league which is why that's where we will finish. If we ignore November, there's only really the Huddersfield and Reading home games where we didn't get the result (or better) you'd think we would before the game if you were looking at it neutrally.

Yeah I do agree with that but it is getting close to the end of the season and we really can't afford to slip off too much at the moment especially if the other teams around us keep picking up points as well (which didnt happen today thankfully!)

I dunno, maybe I am feeling overly negative about all this but I just don't feel like we will get promoted! Even though we have been getting some very good wins the last two games have been draws and we have been for awhile over a win away from getting into the playoffs (though a five goal swing in our favour compared to Brentford is possible). I could think entirely differently of course in two or three games but for now that's how I feel!

Good away point after falling behind, now to back it up with a home victory to put pressure on Ipswich and Brentford.

Good away point, but it does feel like we've dropped two points. I agree with DDW, we can make it, but it will be a very squeaky bum for us until the end. Should we be consistently good, we will make the play-offs. Anything less, forget it!

If we fall short at the season end, then so be it. We will have given it a go and as always in this division it will have come down to fine margins.

Given that Afobe is the only addition who has had any real impact then will have been a decent effort, but no more than that. Decent base to move forward next year hopefully.

We still have a chance of the playoffs & must keep going to the season end to see if we can get that, but not sure how many of us predicted a guaranteed top 6 place when the season started

Im gonna try and be as realistic as possible and predict the points totals from our remaining games

v Sheff Wed = 3 points
v Derby = 0 point
v Forest = 1 point
v Leeds = 3 points
v Brum = 3 points
v Boro = 1 point
v Ipswich = 1 point
v Wigan = 3 points
v Millwall = 3 points

18 points + 59 = 77 points

Hugely optimistic, I know, but not impossible. That should be enough to secure a play off spot but of course we need results to go our way. I can see Brentford dying off towards the end of the season but Ipswich and Norwich both have easier run ins.

Losing once more between now and the end of the season IS hugely optimistic, I agree. Plus we're just as likely to beat Derby 3-0 at home and then go and lose at Birmingham. It's going to be incredibly close, but I feel we've let a couple of opportunities slip through our fingers to get ourselves well and truly in the mix - I hope I'm wrong of course.

It is going to be very tight. Ipswich are wobbling. Brentford may be the key. Who knows? We can make it, but whether we will I just don't know.

Slightly harsh I feel to say Afobe is the only addition to make an impact - I'm not completely sold on Van La Parra but he has contributed to enough goals to mean that he is been a worthwhile signing, especially on a free. Also Hause was only bought for this season and beyond and has come in and done very well despite being out of position, Iorfa is an addition to the group and pretty much everyone would consider him a very good player.

Whether we get into the playoffs or just fall short will not matter at all unless the former occurs & we win the playoff final.

Any other result will put us into next years Championship & if that is the case it will make no difference to what happens next year

always about 6th spot. As predicted Brentford and Ipswich are having a little hiccup. Its up to us to capitalise. Not a bad point today but given the other vresults an opportunity missed

Tuesday night is massive. Brentford away at an in form Blackburn. Wobbling Ipswich against Bolton (although their away form is average), Wolves at home to Sheffield Wednesday. I would say this is probably our first genuine must win of the season

Slightly harsh I feel to say Afobe is the only addition to make an impact - I'm not completely sold on Van La Parra but he has contributed to enough goals to mean that he is been a worthwhile signing, especially on a free. Also Hause was only bought for this season and beyond and has come in and done very well despite being out of position, Iorfa is an addition to the group and pretty much everyone would consider him a very good player.

VLP was here last year as were the others, even if they had not come into the first team. Wasn't denigrating their input, merely that of the new purchases Afobe was the only addition with impact whereas some of the sides above us have made many more changes than we have.

Back