• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton 3-3 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Yes that is true. But people seem to assume that because he is a Portugese national he is beyond criticism. The howler to let in Giroud’s shot is forgiven - if Alisson did that the world would cave in! I struggle to remember a save that Rui has made that was truly world class.
Last week against Fernandes. Certainly isn't beyond critism though. The Newcastle goal was his fault entirely.

Name them
Aston Villa, Countless recent games with the dangling leg, & tonight he displayed all the experience of a puppy let loose in the lounge. When did he last take a decent corner, when as he ever looked like scoring; I am a big Moutinho fan but he now needs to move on.

Luckily this forum isn't twitter, where you have 12 yr olds letting the world know that Nuno is shit and he doesn't know what he is doing. I'm 100% behind Nuno. There is a range of factors that are currently fucking us, and i know he will turn it around. Remember it's a 10 year plan and we are 3 years into it.
As disappointed we all are i'm sure the majority on here believe as i do.

Luckily this forum isn't twitter, where you have 12 yr olds letting the world know that Nuno is shit and he doesn't know what he is doing. I'm 100% behind Nuno. There is a range of factors that are currently fucking us, and i know he will turn it around. Remember it's a 10 year plan and we are 3 years into it.
As disappointed we all are i'm sure the majority on here believe as i do.
You might be right but keep saying we need to improve blah blah blah hardly inspires confidence.

I don't think he would. He's not sharp enough or strong enough yet.

I think keeping him here and playing him is detrimental to his development right now.

He's clearly talented but just not ready.
So where should he play? He is learning fast unlike the experienced Moutinho who knows less every game.

You might be right but keep saying we need to improve blah blah blah hardly inspires confidence.

But he won't say any different either. He rarely, if ever, blows up in pre/post-match conferences. He is right: we do need to improve.

I think every interview he has ever given for Wolves, even games like Man city when we won 3-2 he said we need to improve. Him and his group of players need a collective hug i believe, and fans back would be that hug.

Never Rui at fault is it. But Ruddy - the guy is a moron despite being an England keeper.
I don't think he had any chance with that shot, he was in a decent position and if the flight of the ball is slightly different it bounces of him instead of flying past him, that wouldn't have made it a wonder save, just pot luck at that distance.

David Seaman was a far better keeper for England, want him instead of Patricio?

Aston Villa, Countless recent games with the dangling leg, & tonight he displayed all the experience of a puppy let loose in the lounge. When did he last take a decent corner, when as he ever looked like scoring; I am a big Moutinho fan but he now needs to move on.
So Viĺla when their player dived and the game was gone. Please inform us on the "countless" other games

I don't think he would. He's not sharp enough or strong enough yet.

I think keeping him here and playing him is detrimental to his development right now.

He's clearly talented but just not ready.
oh I certainly wouldn't have him as first choice normally but I'm not sure who we play there atm. I get the point about knocking his development though

Actually, Moutinho didn't contact the player, he just left his leg there, and then the player fell down and got the penalty.

I maintain Raul buries Silva's last minute vs Tottenham and the Otasowie chance today, too.
I can’t really disagree with you but it’s all conjecture. It’s like comparing the 1966 England World Cup squad with the 1998 squad

The real question is, if it were the case would this still be masking the issues we have at the moment?

I don't think It is the formation you play that makes you an attacking team or a defensive team it is more down to the players ability. I am very old and have seen a Wolves captain lift the top flight trophy 3 times, in those ancient times the formation would be 3 2 2 3 or 3 2 3 2 ad we would score 80 plus goals a season (I am not saying play either system now).

At least they understand it isn't all on Nuno. They all have to look at themselves sometimes and realise what you do on the pitch is what it's all about.

Back