• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chasing Europe...........

Brighton may not pick up any points there.. Saying that we could struggle getting a win..
We have to win at Burnley as they are rotten and we need to at least avoid defeat vs West Ham as we're in the same fight.

Under 4 points and I'll be saying we're as good as out of it.

Chelsea are a living meme but they could win all those.

Burnley derailed our push for Europe in our second PL season under Nuno and it would be disappointing to drop points there but it wouldn’t surprise me if we do.

The way we've been this season you can see us losing points against the teams we shouldn't (Burnley) and picking up points against those above us.

The nature of sides 7th-12th is that they're very inconsistent. I think it'll be a while (relatively) before we are any the wiser, particularly as we'll have most of our injured players back towards the end of the season.

Also interesting that we haven't drawn for 2 months!

We were a second from a result and got fucked by stupidity and officials.

We also weren’t derailed by Burnley. We finished in seventh and we detailed by Arsenal winning the cup.

We were a second from a result and got fucked by stupidity and officials.

We also weren’t derailed by Burnley. We finished in seventh and we detailed by Arsenal winning the cup.
An extra point would have seen us 6th above Spurs and meant that we’d have been in Europe regardless of Arsenal winning the FA Cup.

Covid and Arsenal screwed our hopes of Europe

A blessing in disguise anyway, we barely coped with our injuries as it was that following season and it would have only been behind closed doors bollocks

It mathematically cost us champions league. We had other chances to finish above seventh and it was the one season in a while where seventh wasn’t good enough.

So if English teams do well enough in the co-efficient this season and City or United win the Cup, 8th will get us in the Europa Conference...

However if United finish below Nice in their respective leagues (due to UEFA ownership rules) and Nice quality for the Europa League then United will have to drop to the Conference and 8th becomes a Europa League spot

It's not going to happen as Radcliffe is a minority owner in Utd.

They allowed the multiple ownership teams through for this year.

They will drop the ruling soon.
They've just changed the rules. According to UEFA, United and Nice can't play in the same competition next season.

I wonder what'll happen if one drops in to the same competition as the other?

Think that is no more under the new format. Lose out in the weirdo CL format before Christmas and you're done.

6. Man Utd 48 (Chelsea A, Liverpool H)
7. West Ham 44 (Tottenham H, Wolves A)
8. Newcastle 43 (Everton H, Fulham A)
9. Brighton 42 (Brentford A, Arsenal H)
10. Wolves 41 (Burnley A, West Ham H)
11. Chelsea 40 (Man Utd H, Sheff Utd A)
12. Fulham 39 (Nottm Forest A, Newcastle H)
13. Bournemouth 38 (Crystal Palace H, Luton A)

Back