• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea 2-4 Wolves: Verdict Thread

View attachment 9530

I still maintain Toti does ok here. Certainly with his positioning. Palmer does get the slightest run on him, but it's a perfect through ball and Palmer doesn't have to break stride and can hit it first time. Good run, great ball, excellent finish. Of course there's always something to criticise on every goal conceded but I'm not apportioning any real blame on this one.

Yeah, that pass was inch perfect.

I select EP in my team for today and he rewards me by putting me on ignore.

I am dropping you for Doc

I select EP in my team for today and he rewards me by putting me on ignore.

I am dropping you for Doc
Shouldn't have taken off the strap-on.

The banner on the website:

:love:

“We did a lot of work in the meeting room this week around tidying up some bits that didn’t work well against Man United. We looked much better today, the team was much closer, not as spread. The front players were excellent without the ball as well, protecting the back line, so a real good team performance and an enjoyable one, I can’t lie.”

“It was trying to be us. There was nothing special about it. Trying to keep the team together without the ball, be aggressive when we can, see if we can force some mistakes, but that’s always, and then try to find solutions with the ball. I thought with the ball we were excellent, caused them loads of problems with the shape.

“I said to the lads that I didn’t really like us at 4-1, a lack of focus, harsh criticism of course, but not a trait I really want to see, so make sure we brush up on that. It’s a talented group and when we’re 4-1 up, we keep going.

“I really enjoyed it, I thought the lads deserved massive credit because they’re tired, a small group which has just gone Sunday-Thursday-Sunday. I was forced into a few changes which we arranged before, because people couldn’t last 90, but they’ll have a good day off and then we get ready for Brentford.”

“We’ve come back from setbacks a lot, even game wise. We suffered a sort of heartbreak three days ago, where we worked out socks off to get back into the game, and they scored at the death. You’d think coming here there’d be a hangover, but it was straight to business. We’ve done it a lot. 32 points is something the group should be proud of at this stage. Let’s see where we can go.

View attachment 9530

I still maintain Toti does ok here. Certainly with his positioning. Palmer does get the slightest run on him, but it's a perfect through ball and Palmer doesn't have to break stride and can hit it first time. Good run, great ball, excellent finish. Of course there's always something to criticise on every goal conceded but I'm not apportioning any real blame on this one.

That screenshot is after the mistake. Toti wasn't in a bad place but his body shape was wrong, too square to the ball, so he couldn't really see Palmer and react to the run quickly enough. Think he actually reacts to a shout from RAN which is why Palmer gets the jump on him.

Not a howler by any means but they're the fine margins at this level.

You're right he was definitely a little square at the moment Palmer started his run. Palmer was 5 yards off him when he made his dash. But we're literally talking half a yard out by the end because of the quality of the ball. Not unforgiveable by any means but yes a tiny error.

I love watching Neto but every time he has a great game it’s tinged with sadness. It just makes the inevitable more likely. I get that it may mean money invested in the team - it won’t though, it’ll go into Jeff’s FFP black hole.
Just enjoy watching him play for us while we can. We have the knowledge that playing for Wolves has helped turn him into one of the most exciting and sought after players in the PL.

The highlights don't show it, but Dawson's pass out to Semedo that set up the Neto/RAN goal was ridiculously good. I was actually shocked at how easily we scythed through them with just 3 passes.

Was anyone else surprised when we got the pen? I was watching with an Arabic commentary, so I thought the replays were just showing why we hadn't got one because the Chelsea player's studs had brushed the ball.

Just as on Wednesday, though, however the goals went in, we absolutely got what we deserved. I think we were watching peak 21st-century Wolves today, with quite probably higher peaks to come.

The highlights don't show it, but Dawson's pass out to Semedo that set up the Neto/RAN goal was ridiculously good. I was actually shocked at how easily we scythed through them with just 3 passes.

Was anyone else surprised when we got the pen? I was watching with an Arabic commentary, so I thought the replays were just showing why we hadn't got one because the Chelsea player's studs had brushed the ball.

Just as on Wednesday, though, however the goals went in, we absolutely got what we deserved. I think we were watching peak 21st-century Wolves today, with quite probably higher peaks to come.
If it hadn't been given on the pitch, I don't think VAR would have overturned it. One of those.

Terrific win, can’t really add more to the excellent comments posted on this thread.

One downside for me . . . why the hell were we playing in a change strip ?

A great win doesn’t quite look right when it looks like Liverpool winning 4-2.

Terrific win, can’t really add more to the excellent comments posted on this thread.

One downside for me . . . why the hell were we playing in a change strip ?

A great win doesn’t quite look right when it looks like Liverpool winning 4-2.
Think we have to wear the second and third kit 3 times each. The only clash is Luton, so we have to wear it for other games

I think it looks quite good on TV tbh…

I don't hate it as a 3rd kit. I prefer the 'Portugal' one.

Back