• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea 2-4 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I just can't think about him and me walking in a fancy coffee place and them asking if I want Malo Gusto coffee beans instead of the regular ones.
Not just me that thinks he sounds like a coffee brand then!

Watching Wolves at the minute be like...

tYaMjbShvb9CM.webp

An outstanding game of football, it really did look like two good sides going toe to toe, and could've been 4-2 either way, but in the round we deserved it, and tbh I think we just wanted it more.
Can't overstate the last bit enough.

I don't think they did want it at all, other than Thiago Silva, Gallagher and Palmer, they had a team that gave up.

Palmer is clearly talented, but am I the only one thinking he just kept trying the same thing, cut back onto his left foot and look for a shot?

GON has taken a squad that must have been deflated pre-season, fostered what seems to be a core group of highly motivated players who deliver pretty decent football, score goals and don’t seem to lack confidence. His man management skills look to be impressive. Obviously this is all down to his PE qualifications.

This is the best I have felt about the team and manager since peak Nuno. Don’t let it stop.

Me too. It's total nonsense basing all your records off a name change. Nothing else changed. It's really bizarre.
The big change being fewer games for Kane and Shearer to achieve their records.

Palmer is clearly talented, but am I the only one thinking he just kept trying the same thing, cut back onto his left foot and look for a shot?
He's not the finished article but a) he's having to do so much on his own and b) he took his goal very well, crap by Toti to let him run off but an excellent finish.

In a good team he'd be a seriously dangerous player. These aren't a good team or even an average team.

I love watching Neto but every time he has a great game it’s tinged with sadness. It just makes the inevitable more likely. I get that it may mean money invested in the team - it won’t though, it’ll go into Jeff’s FFP black hole.

The other plus from this game is it might shut villa fans up about putting 5 past Sheffield United, yea whatever b6 massive, we put 4 past Chelsea away, and they’re better

I love watching Neto but every time he has a great game it’s tinged with sadness. It just makes the inevitable more likely. I get that it may mean money invested in the team - it won’t though, it’ll go into Jeff’s FFP black hole.
If we sold Neto and the other sorted dreck you'd think we'd be over £100m again.

If it’s inevitable it can’t get any more likely! 😁

That's just football though sadly, same applied with Robbie Keane 25 years ago.

Back