• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea 3-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I am hoping he is this great manager we waited for at the takeover just fucking hard to be optimistic.
I’ve said on numerous occasions in the past the players ain’t as good as we think, we have never scored goals
West Brom drawing 0-0 with Luton and remaining in relegation zone is the only thing that’s cheered me up a bit.

A frightening thought is what kind of relegation release clauses our geniuses have negotiated for our players.

Sa: Pathetic on the first goal, another joke flap, then not great on the second, regressing to the mean
Semedo: Second goal is primarily his fault. I mean generally he's fine but we spent a lot of money for "fine"
Kilman: Doesn't look great on the second or third goals
Toti: Looked short of the quality required, better than putting our best central midfielder there though
Jonny: Ripped in the first half, not helped by the twat in front of him doing a Rohan Ricketts impression
Nunes: One great run, should have hit the target with his header
Moutinho: Battled away. Shouldn't be playing 90 minutes constantly when he's 36
Adama: Couple of decent moments and a load of dross. So, Adama
Podence: Started ok, later on some silly flicks in daft areas and disappeared. So, Podence
Guedes: Could genuinely end up being pound for pound one of our worst signings ever. No skill, pace, cutting edge or effort. Fucking toss, hope we sell him in January
Costa: Nice for him to get his testimonial

Subs: Hodge out of his depth for now, the others came on after the game was gone

Are we going to beat Forest next week?
Yes 🤣

We're the kind of team that casual, pundits and fans of other clubs think are doing OK and that when we say we're worried about going down we're being dramatic. Not the case. We have a job on our hands

I have a horrible negative feeling that JL will actually turn us down, and we'll employ someone average like Martins, and go down. Probably just Wolfism, but you can see the signs

Tbh it's not a job that screams 'take me' given the lack of goal and assists throughout the career of every single player we have.

I have a horrible negative feeling that JL will actually turn us down, and we'll employ someone average like Martins, and go down. Probably just Wolfism, but you can see the signs
I think Martins is decent, he has a good record and likes attacking football too and we need a fresh mindset.

Our biggest issue is Shi and Mendes. The latter is clearly in charge and his choices at the moment aren't great.

don't think JL is the man to get us up the table with the current players, If we have 3 or 4 players lined up for January, then we may have a chance.

Tbh it's not a job that screams 'take me' given the lack of goal and assists throughout the career of every single player we have.
Say thanks to our stats dept and Mendes for that.

I’m not drawing any serious conclusions from today, personally.

I know what you mean, and there are extenuating circumstances, but today just threw player limitations and recent recruitment into relief somewhat. Need a a manager with big hairy balls to sort us the fuck out, asap

I think JL will take the job in fact if he hadn’t been getting the sack Bruno would still be here.
I reckon it’s all been sorted before hand

I know what you mean, and there are extenuating circumstances, but today just threw player limitations and recent recruitment into relief somewhat. Need a a manager with big hairy balls to sort us the fuck out, asap
Steve Bruce may be available soon. So we could “pull we socks up and go again”

I think you'll find that you "roll wor sleeves up" under Steve Bruce.

Sa is a major, major issue. Appalling at Leeds. Should have saved Haaland's goal. Had Adams scored from one yard, that would have been his fault. Dreadful today. You look back to last season and there were loads of goals that were his fault.

I wouldn't necessarily pick Sarkic but it's now an area where I think we need to sign someone.

A frightening thought is what kind of relegation release clauses our geniuses have negotiated for our players.
We don’t want any of them to stay anyway. Rauls going into his last year, same as Podence - both sold for whatever we can get, Nunes sold, Neves Sold, Semedo extended and sold, Traore, Costa and Moutinho released, Traore.B sent back, someone would want Kilman, RAN and Collins - although I doubt their wages are massive, Neto, Jonny and Guedes would have to go for what we can get, Sa may as well see if someone will give us our money back.

Would leave us with

Sarkic

Giles
Sanderson
Toti
Mosquera
Hoever
Bolla

Ronan
Cundle

Chiquinho
Hwang
Corbeanu

Sasa
Fabio

We’d have to sign a handful of experienced players to go with it, but I’d honestly want a league one style clearout.

I think you'll find that you "roll wor sleeves up" under Steve Bruce.

Sa is a major, major issue. Appalling at Leeds. Should have saved Haaland's goal. Had Adams scored from one yard, that would have been his fault. Dreadful today. You look back to last season and there were loads of goals that were his fault.

I wouldn't necessarily pick Sarkic but it's now an area where I think we need to sign someone.

Look, you've already got Bruno right before a lot of us, don't start in on a double whammy with Sa too 😉

We are struggling at the minute and 3-0 flattered, but by far are we one of the worst three teams in this league. We have the tools just need use them. Fuck it, have faith 😠

We're the kind of team that casual, pundits and fans of other clubs think are doing OK and that when we say we're worried about going down we're being dramatic. Not the case. We have a job on our hands

I disagree. The opposite is true from experience, people have said we are awful to watch even when we were finishing 7th under Nuno. I know multiple non wolves fans who backed us for relegation before the season started.

We don’t want any of them to stay anyway. Rauls going into his last year, same as Podence - both sold for whatever we can get, Nunes sold, Neves Sold, Semedo extended and sold, Traore, Costa and Moutinho released, Traore.B sent back, someone would want Kilman, RAN and Collins - although I doubt their wages are massive, Neto, Jonny and Guedes would have to go for what we can get, Sa may as well see if someone will give us our money back.

Would leave us with

Sarkic

Giles
Sanderson
Toti
Mosquera
Hoever
Bolla

Ronan
Cundle

Chiquinho
Hwang
Corbeanu

Sasa
Fabio

We’d have to sign a handful of experienced players to go with it, but I’d honestly want a league one style clearout.
I think that would be the end for Shi, Sellars and Fosun.

I think we'd be sold for the £30m they paid and the Wolves logo.

Saw some stats a week ago on JL. Lots of fails and some good successes, Reading through this post it does seem about 80% on JL coming and I'm really not convinced he's the best guy for us, but listening to today's commentary on 5 live we need someone pretty quick, I mean if someone got here by next Tuesday how long is he honestly gonna need to get us into a better shape?
Surely not the Forest game, possibly the Palace game, maybe the Leicester game....?
Disappointing to read such negative stuff from today. Even if it was what most of us thought would happen.

Back