• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea 3-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Just a reminder that we scored more goals in one game under Terry Connor than we have this season.

Really starting to think we're sleepwalking into disaster unless something drastic changes.

I'm hoping the messaging was wrong yesterday and Davis' lower league management has shone through effectively given them the day off saying its a free hit and treating it as a Third round David v Goliath Cup game.

One things for certain, next weekend we need to be stood on Forest's throat from the first minute. Failure to do so will see the crowd turning horribly. A new manager will mitigate that but if we're floundering on the manager search then it's got huge potential to completely unravel.

If the players are apathetic and lose the crowd then we'll be staring down the barrel.

I suppose looking at the positives, next week v Forest we should

-
have Neves back
- have Collins back
- have a manager confirmed or in place

Then you’ve got Costa with more minutes in his legs coming up against a side that has conceded a lot of goals.

That’s it. That’s all I can offer. We really ought to have enough to beat them, but it’s got 1-0 Forest with a MGW winner written all over it, hasn’t it?

-
have Neves back
- have Collins back

Then you’ve got Costa with more minutes in his legs coming up against a side that has conceded a lot of goals.

That’s it. That’s all I can offer. We really ought to have enough to beat them, but it’s got 1-0 Forest with a MGW winner written all over it, hasn’t it?
Hasn't Collins got another game to go on his ban?

-
have Neves back
- have Collins back

Collins isn't back until Palace

-
have Neves back
- have Collins back

I thought Collins had a 3 match ban?

Anyway, it'll be an MGW corner which Boly will finish

Lets face it, if we can't beat Forest then we don't really deserve anything.

We play Leeds mid week don't we in the cup so won't he be back for the Forest game? He's already served 2 games vs West Ham and Chelsea.

Edit - Leeds game not until November so no idea where I've got that from 🤣

Because there's more to winning football matches than just good technique. There's decision making, ruthlessness, desire and heart, and actual end product. Other than the odd purple patch none of them have shown it. When you look at the goal involvements during the ENTIRE CAREERS of every forward player we have, the numbers aren't pretty. They just can't convert dangerous situations into actual goal scoring chances with any regularity.

Neto has never recovered from the first injury nevermind his new one.
Podence is flashy blob of nothing
Guedes is shit.
Traore has had 8 good weeks in his life.
Hwang wouldn't stand out in league one.
Raul and Costa are both finished.

Technique isn't everything, but it's basically all we have.
I don't see Brighton's squad as better than ours and they do ok

Same with Bournemouth, Newcastle and Fulham.

It is clearly their manager and coaching staff that makes a difference. Look at Leicester and Palace they're massively underperforming like we are.

Lots of doom and gloom on Wolves SM after yesterday which is understandable but it didn't really tell us anything we didn't know before, so I'm not quite understanding why there are a lot more 'wim gooin down' posts. I'm not saying we definitely won't get relegated but if we get the management appointment right we should be ok surely?

Lots of doom and gloom on Wolves SM after yesterday which is understandable but it didn't really tell us anything we didn't know before, so I'm not quite understanding why there are a lot more 'wim gooin down' posts. I'm not saying we definitely won't get relegated but if we get the management appointment right we should be ok surely?
I think people are worried about getting the management appointment right.

I think people are worried about getting the management appointment right.
Guess so but with the names in the frame, minimum we should expect is someone who can get us out of the current hole? Unless Fosun go completely left field of course

It's a time frame thing for me - we absolutely have to get it done early this week. If we're managerless for our three games in eight days coming up then I don't think we'll win any of them, and if that happens we're in huge trouble.

Keeping Lage full stop was stupid but we had the ideal opportunity after City with a two week break and we still left it. Our predicament is entirely self-inflicted.

Lopetegui 10 to 1 on now with Sky

I just hope he’s better than I suspect but if I could choose I can only think of Poch who’d probably laugh at us.

We need some new managers on the roundabout they’ve mostly all failed numerous times. We need our own Graham Potter

Lopetegui 10 to 1 on now with Sky

I just hope he’s better than I suspect but if I could choose I can only think of Poch who’d probably laugh at us.

We need some new managers on the roundabout they’ve mostly all failed numerous times. We need our own Graham Potter
I think Kieran McKenna at Ipswich will be superb.

I also think Vinny K could be very good.

Back