• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea 3-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Dreadful. Never seriously threatened their goal and still didn't want to get men into the box. Defensively very naive, and gave the ball away trying to play out of defence much more than in recent weeks. No different to Lage-ball if not worse.

Traore the one bright spot with a few decent crosses, but we've been down that road before.

Hell of a lot of work for Lopetegui to do. Need to get him in asap to work on the team before the Forest game.

Last edited:
Regardless of situation this is disappointing. Under Nuno we feared no one and players played well above their ability, now look at us. Setting records for not scoring in 2nd half's and being compared to the likes of Norwich.

New manager is the start of the changes needed. Feel like a big dose of hubris is needed from many. Spent big and still got no depth of quality and several spots in the starting 11 you feel need upgrading.

Awful. The Chelsea defenders would have felt more threatened at a girl guides jamboree.

Well, no one expected us to win today, so we are exactly where we thought we'd be.

I'd be a lot more worried if we had already got a new boss in place and performed like that.

Lopetegui's got his work cut out, that's for sure. That's if he's not scared off by that.

On the one hand, it's Chelsea away, without Collins, Neves, Neto and Raul.

On the other hand, we're just a bit shit, with a really unbalanced squad, about ten of which aren't half the players they think they are/used to be. We're in real trouble unless we get somebody in by Tuesday, who's capable of grinding some results out

Very very poor, but I fully expected us to lose to nil with an Academy coach and a League Two manager in charge of a depleted squad. We had Nunes' run, and Nunes' headed chance...that's about it.

The annoying thing is sticking with that cunt Lage has totally wrecked this season. What are people's loftiest ambitions now, 13th or 14th? Pretty sure that wasn't acceptable three months ago. The worrying thing is how bad certain players look, namely Sa (constantly at fault for goals) and Guedes (appalling at everything and doesn't try).

Can you coach this lot into being a cohesive outfit, I'm sure you can. It's a bloody big job though.

MASSIVE four games coming up. If we don't win two then I think I'll look at putting enough on us going down to pay for next year's ticket. You can still get 3/1 on us with SkyBet. Generous.

The more I watch is week by week the more I’m convinced we’re in deep shit and will go down.
Yes we have good technical players in certain areas but have a forward line full of 1/5 players.
9 games in and 6 points tells you we are in this for the long haul.
I’m starting to bye the fact that we’ve probably vastly overstated the quality we have.
Thanks to Bruno binning off our 2 most experienced defenders we’re now left what looks like a very fragile back line to.
Podence, Hwang have turned out to be awful signings. Guedes will turn out the same, will probably return to Portugal or Spain after doing nothing here and tell tails about his hell in England.
Sa a mistake I’m every game currently he was the difference when we picked up a lot of fortunate wins last season.
Absolutely zero aggression in our play we look lazy, under motivated, disorganised and unfit.

At this point in time I'd snap your hand off to finish 17th. I just don't think there are currently 3 teams worse than us in the league. We are already staring relegation in the face IMO.

I don't think Lopetegui is the answer. He looks mentally shot as do we. That's not a good combination.

As for the game, we were appalling.

Traore and Guedes effort levels were a disgrace. Both should've been hooked at HT.

Toti is as crap as Lage said he was, it's as bad a CH performance I've seen at this level. Genuinely terrible.

I felt sorry for Joe Hodge, he's not even ready for Lg2 let alone the PL. Really poor from the coaches to throw him on, should've been Ronan if they wanted to go 4-3-3 at least he's got experience of senior football.

This is mainly on the former manager but having the same stats guys and Roberts on the bench is not good for this team. The whole thing needs gutting including Sellars and Shi.

Get a proper manager and DoF in as an initiate course of action.

Last edited:
@StuardoWulf

If you want to split hairs:

Sevilla PPG = 0.71 (5 points from 7 games)
Wolves PPG = 0.66 (6 points from 9 games)
I was making the Bruno comparison
Sevilla p7 w1 d2 l4. Wolves p8 w1 d3 l5

in either case on paper it looks like swapping shit for more shit,
But on paper we have good players who play shit we can only hope Lop gets a tune out of them

He also had his two CHs and keeper sold from underneath him in the summer.

If that's not enough, look at the Sevilla crowd's reception for him in the last game. Hint: they don't blame him.
Bruno hadnt got a striker lol don’t shoot me its a joke
as for fans reactions they probably are more indicative to be fair

I can’t see any manager making anything out of this, watched the game today and I fear we’re going down, I hope I’m wrong, I usually am so let’s see 😞

The next 5 are vital games. Forest, Palace, Leicester, Brentford and Brighton - I think we need 7 or 8 points from that at least.

Sa: Pathetic on the first goal, another joke flap, then not great on the second, regressing to the mean
Semedo: Second goal is primarily his fault. I mean generally he's fine but we spent a lot of money for "fine"
Kilman: Doesn't look great on the second or third goals
Toti: Looked short of the quality required, better than putting our best central midfielder there though
Jonny: Ripped in the first half, not helped by the twat in front of him doing a Rohan Ricketts impression
Nunes: One great run, should have hit the target with his header
Moutinho: Battled away. Shouldn't be playing 90 minutes constantly when he's 36
Adama: Couple of decent moments and a load of dross. So, Adama
Podence: Started ok, later on some silly flicks in daft areas and disappeared. So, Podence
Guedes: Could genuinely end up being pound for pound one of our worst signings ever. No skill, pace, cutting edge or effort. Fucking toss, hope we sell him in January
Costa: Nice for him to get his testimonial

Subs: Hodge out of his depth for now, the others came on after the game was gone

Are we going to beat Forest next week?

Back