• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coffee

When we used to visit my Granddad he'd always make Camp coffee with a couple of sweeteners in it, it was bloody vile :(

I just can't stand the taste of coffee. Shame as I love the smell of it wafting around. Just find it too bitter for my liking. It would have to have at least six sugars in it to make it bearable. Nothing against you coffee lovers, just a personal taste thing I guess.

When we used to visit my Granddad he'd always make Camp coffee with a couple of sweeteners in it, it was bloody vile :(

My Dad used to bang on about Camp coffee. It's made from chicory, isn't it? I seem to remember it was quite nice but it was a long time ago.

I always enjoy a nice espresso first thing. Always grind my own beans (ooh err). The problem with coffee is that it's really easy to make it badly, not just at home but quite a few cafes do a poor job as well.

A double espresso machiatto, made with fresh ground Ethiopian beans with a drop of honey in the cup before brewing

Latte if I'm out and go to a Costa/Starbucks (the former if I have any choice in the matter, Starbucks are wankers). Luxury Italian M&S coffee at home, unless I'm pushed for time in the morning and have to go somewhere, then instant stuff will have to do.

Despite having worked in a coffee shop for a year, I'm still not a massive fan :icon_lol:

When I helped open I would have a shot of espresso, but I can't say I enjoy coffee all that much! This is where I worked:

7FB3BF81-1077-4831-807B-2C2D5D526096_zpskgshkulu.jpg

Attachments

• Bv38JWZCQAIcZOB.jpg
    Bv38JWZCQAIcZOB.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 15
I know a couple who don't drink for various reasons and instead replace alcohol with tea and coffee. Whenever they're 'out of the town' they post updates from shiteholes such as Costa. My issue is this: If you choose something such as tea and coffee as your beverage of choice why not go and find some quality independent coffee shop with a great barista or even take some courses yourself rather than buy mass produced high street crap?

I know a couple who don't drink for various reasons and instead replace alcohol with tea and coffee. Whenever they're 'out of the town' they post updates from shiteholes such as Costa. My issue is this: If you choose something such as tea and coffee as your beverage of choice why not go and find some quality independent coffee shop with a great barista or even take some courses yourself rather than buy mass produced high street crap?

Safe option innit. Like using a Wetherspoons as your pub of choice.

If I'm in the centre of Wolves I have little choice in the matter. I think there is one independent coffee shop, I have been there twice and both times the service was mince so fuck that noise. Costa is ok for what it is.

There is a small independent in Codsall that I use.

Safe option innit. Like using a Wetherspoons as your pub of choice.
Not really. Wetherspoons do have their standard brews available, but they are supplemented by guest ales.

Back