• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Derby (A) build up 18/10

Lycan

Jeff Shi's Bitch
Reaction score
Suppose we might as well start one if we're discussing it already on the general news thread. As I said in there, I'd go unchanged (Byrne/Ojo only question. Either one will do). This one is on Sky again. Sunday 1:15 ko.

This is how Derby lined up vs Brentford

Carson

Christie Keogh Shackell Forsyth

Johnson Thorne Hendrick

Ince Martin Russell​

Good midfield and forward line up, and they've picked up their form lately but I'm still confident we can get something. Their back four is pretty dreadful

Yeah, that defence is diabolical for a top end club at this level. Wouldn't want a single one here. Nor the keeper.

Same as Lycan, just Byrne or Ojo is the only choice for me (I say Byrne).

Byrne as well for me. Looks very fast and doesn't hesitate to run at his full back, exactly the sort of player Forsyth struggles against.

Afobe has every one of those defenders on toast, we need to be getting him to play more on the shoulder. The big battle for me will be protecting Golbourne vs Ince.

My footballing days have caught up with me. I have to have a really nasty knee operation on 18th October, so the least The Wolves can do for me is thrash Derby County. By the time I wake up, I expect to have another three points and the optimism that will bring! Tough game but we are on a roll.

Edwards for ALF. We need 3 in midfield or we will be overrun, look at their front six! I'd go with the Coady, Price, McDonald experiment over 442; but I still think it would be a mistake

I wouldn't change personnel or formation initially, if after 30-45 minutes we are getting over-run in midfield then consider shoring up in the centre of the park

Don't change a bloody thing. We have just FINALLY found a formula that is beginning to work.

Edwards for ALF. We need 3 in midfield or we will be overrun, look at their front six! I'd go with the Coady, Price, McDonald experiment over 442; but I still think it would be a mistake

The last thing we need is to put Edwards back in the team.

My footballing days have caught up with me. I have to have a really nasty knee operation on 18th October, so the least The Wolves can do for me is thrash Derby County. By the time I wake up, I expect to have another three points and the optimism that will bring! Tough game but we are on a roll.

Hope the operation goes well, mate.

I'd leave things how they are. Coady back on the bench for a bit of strength and depth there. Probably stick with Ojo over Byrne as well.

Don't change a bloody thing. We have just FINALLY found a formula that is beginning to work.

Agreed. They played a 4-3-3 in their last game and Price is more than capable of assisting the cover defensively. I might go Byrne for Ojo - I cant decide. Otherwise stick not twist with Dangerous Dave and Calamatous Conor as impact subs/ spare legs if needed. Think this will be 1-1

Did we ever find out why Coady wasn't even on the bench vs Huddersfield?

But we already had Wallace on the bench. We didn't need both, surely, there were very few conceivable circumstances where we'd ever have brought both of them on. If Price or McDonald had got injured early on that would have meant Edwards playing as an orthodox central midfielder, again. He does some weird things at times.

Anyway, at least that means Coady isn't injured. If we really must go a bit more conservative here then I'd go:

---------------Martinez----------------

Iorfa-----Batth------Hause-------Golbourne

-----------Price------Coady-------------

---------------McDonald--------------------

--------Henry---Afobe-----Byrne/Ojo---------

I don't think I'd bother though.

probably did for lolz to annoy the cybermongs who hate Edwards...Same reason for bringing Doherty on.

Either that or Paul Jones (the blonde one) has had enough of his 25 year stint as "the worst right winger to ever play at Molineux" and has asked Ken nicely if he can do something about it.

another thing to take into account is not everything KJ says to Tim II is always the truth.

I wondered whether Coady was on the naughty step for his Brighton challenge. We know Ken van be a hard nosed bastard when he wants to be. It's a card that had been coming and perhaps he'd been warned to watch it

I see no advantage at all to starting with a more conservative team/formation, Derby aren't Barcelona, we have played well in the last couple of games, keep it the same, at least initially. If things aren't going according to plan, then make a change.

I see no advantage at all to starting with a more conservative team/formation, Derby aren't Barcelona, we have played well in the last couple of games, keep it the same, at least initially. If things aren't going according to plan, then make a change.

As true as that is I stil had the overwhelming feeling that should Huddersfield have scored in that opening 15 they had we'd have let our heads go. Once we started winning the 1v1 battles our confidence grew massively. With the attacking quality that Derby possess i would er on the side of caution and think DW has the best idea with hos lineup.

Back