• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford (H) build up 21/10

Lycan

Proud Resident of Coventry
Reaction score
AKA the 'We all hate Lee Carsley' thread.

Need to get back to winning ways sharpish. Last year we followed up a thrashing at the iPro by rolling over for Brentford, the same can't happen again.

Up until the Derby game I'd been very happy with our back 5, no need to change it because of one off day. If Ikeme starts on Wednesday I will be furious, nothing against Carl as a keeper but KJ needs to show that he's learnt from his mistakes. The strikers both scored and we've got nobody on the bench to replace them so that one's a no brainer but I've got no idea what we're going to do about midfield. Coady to come back in for Price? Harsh considering our form before the international break. Wallace? Ojo? Byrne? van La Parra? Anyone excited about any of these players?

FWIW I'd go:

Martinez

Iorfa Batth Hause Golbourne

Price McDonald

Henry Afobe Byrne

le Fondre​

I've no idea what to expect from Brentford, a new manager and a lot of new players. I think it's pretty clear that they're not as good as they were last season but we should still be expecting a tough game. All I know is that we need to pay that thuggish, baldy, wankstain of a manager back for this tackle. Dirty bluenose bastard.

carsley0066.jpg

Anyone going to this one? I get into Wolverhampton about half 4ish and I'm staying over if anyone fancies a few beers pre/post game.

Is that Big Chris or Henry?

That was an absolutely disgusting tackle. Totally intentional. Scumbag. I hate Lee Carsley.

FWIW I don't think he'll drop Martinez. Sure, he fucked up for the 2nd yesterday but I think he made amends with the penalty save.

And the numerous saves. It would be silly to drop Martinez IMO. If we go down that road then Hause and Batth are on very dodgy ground. Ojo in for Wallace would be my only change.

I fear Dave Edwards and Conor Coady returning with Jack Price a scapegoat for yesterdays performance.

Too soon for Eddo surely?

FWIW I felt like we could've done with Edwards yesterday, just to pressure Derby further up the pitch.

Whilst I won't use the word "fear", I imagine he'll switch out Price for Coady. Edwards may not be fit (no one had confirmed the extent of his injury from Wales).

Too soon for Eddo surely?

FWIW I felt like we could've done with Edwards yesterday, just to pressure Derby further up the pitch.

I'd like to see Kenny Jackett use those front four players pressing together at times giving us another defensive dimension higher up the pitch, just to take away an opponents rhythm when they are finding things a little to easy.

And the numerous saves. It would be silly to drop Martinez IMO. If we go down that road then Hause and Batth are on very dodgy ground. Ojo in for Wallace would be my only change.

Well we couldn't drop Batth or Hause as there are no other centre halves due to EEL's injury. Unless we play Iorfa there. Which we shouldn't do.

Agree with your change - otherwise I'd keep it the same.

Ojo or Byrne for Wallace for me. Everything else the same, though Price can't afford to have another similarly ineffectual game with Coady waiting on the bench.

We should beat these, no clean sheets all season, lame duck temporary manager who has openly said he doesn't want the job, squad a mishmash of limited players and foreign tat.

Must win. Ojo in for me, he's not reaching his full potential yet but he's getting better and he's effective. 4 assists and 2 goals now I think?

Has Byrne had more than 45 minutes yet? I'd like to see him get a full game sometime soon. There must be some reason why we signed him.

Agree with all of this, much as Martinez was to blame for the second goal yesterday, you cannot keep changing keepers every time they make a mistake, you'll end up with both of them having a total lack of confidence.

Anyone going to this one? I get into Wolverhampton about half 4ish and I'm staying over if anyone fancies a few beers pre/post game.

So I guess you won't be down for the 'Boro game Sam?

Same team as v Derby with the exception of Ojo/Byrne for Wallace. If you are going effectively 4-4-2 with Le Fondre & Afobe , which I would v Brentford at home need to play a proper left sided attacker there. No preference as to which as haven't seen enough of either of them live.

Even though Martinez made a rickett for their second he had a decent game otherwise and no reason to change. The rest of the defence picks itself as there isn't anyone else - they just need to concentrate better to stop stupid mistakes.

Back