• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Derby (A): Build up

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score
First a quick request. Anyone going and have a spare ticket in the away end? Decided late on to go with the Derby STH I know. If not it's the home end for me!

Anyway, team-wise I imagine we'll be pretty much unchanged from Boro. Whether Cav will replace Bright or Jota I'm not sure. I think with it being away from home Cav might get the nod over Bright.

Jota Bonatini Cav
Neves Saiss
Douglas Doc
Boly Coady Miranda
Ruddy

Cav has been brilliant pre season and has to start IMO, other than that the Boro team is about right.

Should be a tough game but I think we can scrape it maybe 1-0

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Am buoyed by seeing them against Sunderland and our game. Think they'll play into our defenders hands and Boly can handle the physical battle with Martin. If we stick to our game we will cause Davies and Keogh all sorts of problems with passing and movement.

I'd play the same side as last week with the Cav for Bright change, but someone needs to have a word with Cav as it's only 3.5 months since Johnson made a mug of him and you can guarantee they'll be looking to do it again.

The likelihood is we will have 8 changes from April's game and them 6 so I don't see it having much bearing apart from the above.

I reckon Cav will get the nod over Bonatini if anyone. Jota-Cav-Bright as a fluid front three switching between positions is enough to hurt any side in this division. Bonatini could then replace one of them on the hour mark. I know Bonatini is more of a central forward than the other three, but we need to bed him in carefully.

Could quite easily be that. Depends on Bonatini fitness and whether he wants Cav as false 9 like Leicester. Not sure why Miranda would get binned though

No chance of Baath or Dicko starting imo. Miranda is a definite, plus we're more likely to see Bright - Cav - Jota if Boantini doesn't start (I think he will)

Edit - Dicko was dreadful against Boro - ruined the whole style of play. One goal against Yeovil doesn't solve his inability to play the role the striker needs to in Nuno's formation.

Think he's included Batth just to reel in a few bites on Twitter.

Why would we change a defence which successfully kept out a side which has spent 30 million pounds on strikers?

If Miranda is injured then Batth is next in line. Could easily be the line up.

Yeah I think it would be Cav in as false 9 ahead of Dicko if Bonatini doesn't play. It's good we have so many options for once even though we have 3 or 4 genuine first team options out injured.

If Batth replaces Miranda he also has to go into the middle of the three IMO - his weakness in his game has always been when he's had to move out into the channels to intercept balls, or track runners. Same reason Bennett's looked iffy as the rightmost defender in pre-season, they're stoppers first and foremost, not ball-players.

Hause must be back soon, he's supposedly been back in full training for a couple of weeks right?

Spiers has an issue with Miranda. He's slated him in every single video, podcast & article I've watched/listened to/read. He wants his pal Danny B back in there to lump it all over the shop.

Miranda will start.

Is Miranda actually injured? I haven't seen anything saying that

I can see the logic in Batth coming in for the physical battle with Martin, has to be in the centre though. If that is the team then Timmy is getting some inside info as its not one you'd guess correctly

Miranda definitely looked like he was up for the physical battle against Boro.

I can see the logic in Batth coming in for the physical battle with Martin, has to be in the centre though. If that is the team then Timmy is getting some inside info as its not one you'd guess correctly

He isn't getting info. He is feeding his own agenda for clickbait purposes.

I think Dimmy has been shut out completely and even his old chums have stopped feeding him anything. He's essentially just another poster on twitter, only he's Fielden's level of football knowledge. And an ant would struggle to limbo under that one.

Back