• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Early Bird

Think that has been the price in there for a couple of years now.

I'd save myself a fair bit of money if I bought a season ticket. I don't though. In the grand scheme of things I don't care about a few quid over the course of an entire season, and I don't want it to become an obligation to go. I like having the flexibility to not go if I don't want to (not that I ever really exercise this option, not unless we appoint some plank with an IQ of about 52 anyway). It doesn't make any real logical sense but until we get to the point where it's going to be tough to get a ticket if you aren't a STH - which isn't even really the case if we're in the Prem - I don't see me bothering again. Different story when my old man went to the games, he only goes once or twice a season now. Now it's just me being Billy No Mates I'd rather just buy match by match.

Arguably this makes me the superest of superfans as I habitually hand Wolves more money than I have to. Go me.
Shall I C&P this onto here: http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2015/02/17/calling-for-wolves-fan-of-the-year-is-it-you/
I'll sit on my own. It will look ace on TV.
He sits on his own,
he sits on his oh, oh own
kenny seller of tat,
he sits on his own!

There's a guy behind darlo who shouts "MOOO!" a lot in games, which is confusing.
& another guy at the end of the row who moans about kids (lambasted Iorfa playing constantly, even when he's been the best on the pitch) and also shouts "morgan spend some money" frequently.

There's a guy behind darlo who shouts "MOOO!" a lot in games, which is confusing.
& another guy at the end of the row who moans about kids (lambasted Iorfa playing constantly, even when he's been the best on the pitch) and also shouts "morgan spend some money" frequently.

Sure its not Darlo doing that?

I've got to try and post this without coming across an ubercuntfan!!

I think my outlook on life and Wolves has changed over the last few years. I have found myself unable to get wound up or angry at us being, in general, average and in turn having to listen to people demand perfection that they would struggle to see if they watched Barca play week in week out start to annoy me. That angry vocal support has always been there and before I could ignore / laugh at it. now it just ruins the experience for me. The last few seasons I have said on here that I wasn't sure if I would renew but I reached the point around Christmas that I was 100% certain I wouldn't. Another thing that helped was watching a game in Mexico last Feb. Observing how the fans went there to support their team for 90 minutes and generally enjoying the whole day was brilliant. The home team got dicked 4-1 but the home fans were singing not stop for the 90 mins (to be fair they could have singing "you are a bunch of cockends" in Mexican I suppose). That made realise what I want from going to a game.

Not in any way having a pop at others fans and their right to express their own opinion and what they want from 90 minutes at Molineux, neither is it about Morgan, Moxey, Jackett, Doherty, ticket prices or the pies being too hot (they are, the bastards) just a reflection on my attitude towards football.

I will go to games next season but I will fit them around my life rather than my life around Wolves.

Was similar when i went to Berlin last year, Hertha also got dicked 4-1 that day but the fans were relentless and even in a massive open stadium that was only two thirds full the noise was spectacular. It's a shame the game was shite because the rest of the day was great, could the train to within a 5 minute walk of the ground, spent a few hours in the pub which had some good food on as well, probably the best match day experience i've had to be honest.

Was similar when i went to Berlin last year, Hertha also got dicked 4-1 that day but the fans were relentless and even in a massive open stadium that was only two thirds full the noise was spectacular. It's a shame the game was shite because the rest of the day was great, could the train to within a 5 minute walk of the ground, spent a few hours in the pub which had some good food on as well, probably the best match day experience i've had to be honest.

I just loved that you had the 2 stands behind the goals were like normal grounds with 1 for home and for away and the 2 sides were just mixed and people eating enough food to keep them going for a month.....oh and no one cheered when the ref sprayed the ground on a free kick.

I just loved that you had the 2 stands behind the goals were like normal grounds with 1 for home and for away and the 2 sides were just mixed and people eating enough food to keep them going for a month.....oh and no one cheered when the ref sprayed the ground on a free kick.

Crowd behaviour is weird, and quite an interesting phenomenon to observe.
I've been at games where I've thought the crowd were immense, a positive force. But at the same time I've been to games where observing the crowd makes me feel ashamed to be associated with them, because of their childish or insulting behaviour.
It's amazing how being part of an en masse group affects peoples behaviour.

He's the guy I had an argument with..He was slagging Stearman off, constantly, for about 20 minuts and shouting "Get your cheque book out Morgan" so I told him to stfu. I went to the South Bank for the cheering, singing and standing not to hear that moany fucker week in, week out and said he should piss off to the North Bank where he could bitch and moan all he wanted!
Kenny, I guess your comment is a "funny" again but I am probably the most optimistic fan within my circle of friends. Even when we were in the process of sliding towards League One I'd come away from games trying to convince AikiWolf that I'd seen something positive and all was not lost. I have never boo'd a Wolves player at a game and can't see the point of people going to the games just to shout abuse at players of the team they "support"

I did the Berlin derby (2-2) in 2013 and it was the best experience Ive had at a game. Came out of the U Bahn and immediately you had a feel, music playing, grub on offer and beer on tap. The Ultra's with hundreds of scarves on the underpass to the car park area. Then into the mass open space and beer tents all the way up. The game and atmosphere was brilliant. Hertha 2-0 down and still singing even though they were getting out played by little Union, 2-2 and a Ronny free kick sparred the blushes but afterwards fans mingled. Union led towards the S-Bahn and Hertha towards the U-Bahn. Brilliant brilliant night.

Oops before I forget I'm doing Ferencvaros v Ujpest in April whilst Im in Budapest. Im hoping that's going to be brilliant as well.

Oops before I forget I'm doing Ferencvaros v Ujpest in April whilst Im in Budapest. Im hoping that's going to be brilliant as well.

Very jealous.

Sing a song about Dena Rosa for me xx

He's the guy I had an argument with..He was slagging Stearman off, constantly, for about 20 minuts and shouting "Get your cheque book out Morgan" so I told him to stfu. I went to the South Bank for the cheering, singing and standing not to hear that moany fucker week in, week out and said he should piss off to the North Bank where he could bitch and moan all he wanted!
Kenny, I guess your comment is a "funny" again but I am probably the most optimistic fan within my circle of friends. Even when we were in the process of sliding towards League One I'd come away from games trying to convince AikiWolf that I'd seen something positive and all was not lost. I have never boo'd a Wolves player at a game and can't see the point of people going to the games just to shout abuse at players of the team they "support"
I agree with so much of this post.
Why do people want to pay however much to get angry & shout dogs abuse? Doesn't really happen in other sports, or in other forms of entertainment. Rugby fans mingle, so what has happened to football?

It was nice the other weekend having fun with Parkin, Darlo, Aiki et al, as we're different characters, from different places, but supporting the team. Criticism came after, outside the ground, but while in the stand, it was supporting. That and mocking strange people who boo.

I did the Berlin derby (2-2) in 2013 and it was the best experience Ive had at a game. Came out of the U Bahn and immediately you had a feel, music playing, grub on offer and beer on tap. The Ultra's with hundreds of scarves on the underpass to the car park area. Then into the mass open space and beer tents all the way up. The game and atmosphere was brilliant. Hertha 2-0 down and still singing even though they were getting out played by little Union, 2-2 and a Ronny free kick sparred the blushes but afterwards fans mingled. Union led towards the S-Bahn and Hertha towards the U-Bahn. Brilliant brilliant night.

It's really well set where their ground is to be fair, good transport links and some nice open spaces around it too. I like how the stadium itself is completely open all the way around and the turnstiles are set into a sort of boundary fence so there's a big open area around the ground with all the food stalls and everything else. Can imagine it's even better when you've got warmer weather, was bloody freezing when we went and that cold was only compounded when a fat American spilt a bucket of Coke down my back half way through the first half.

Quirk that will be incredible!

You lucky bas.

Quirk that will be incredible!

You lucky bas.

I never planned for a game. Im doing sightseeing and other stuff and when I checked the fixtures on April 10th that fixture popped up. Ferencvaros have a lovely shiny new ground now (Glad I managed to visit the old one a few years earlier) and Ujpest who are in the same city so massive quids in for me. Going to bloody great that week.

Got my renewal email. Only got £25 merch cash. Not happy. Doing it on the cheap ay they.

Funky little video...

Never got my head around the Merchandise Cash Rewards.

I see that the £30 comes in installments over the season which is a bugger, as a lump sum at the beginning would have gone nicely towards buying the new shirt.

Can it be used towards purchasing home/away tickets or is it solely for use in the tatshop?

I remember the guy who used to sit by Penk when he had his ST in the BW Upper. Bloody hell, he was hard work.

Then there's the guy who sits behind Kenny/Paddy who was on fine 'form' during the Walsall league game last season. Though hasn't he now shut up after a few words?

The worst I can recall is during the relegation (Champ to L1) season sat by an utter cockpocket in the middle of the South Bank who couldn't have been more wrong, or more annoying with everything he said. I think Trev was sat nearby during that game.

So I suppose you can get annoying people no matter where you sit - just the luck of the draw. I can put up with it for 90 minutes but if I had to sit by/near them for 23 games a season, it'd be one hell of a challenge!

He's still there and still spouting the same bollocks!

Back