• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2016 watch

Dier does that job for Spurs and has been excellent at it all season. Spurs however have Vertonghen who can move to LB and Alderweireld that can move to RB as both play there for their national teams. England have Smalling and Stones but both have only played at RB so that leaves a void on the left hand side. I feel that's why England need to play Bertrand and not Rose as Bertrand is the better defender.

I agree on Bertrand for much the same reasons, he has the ability to cover at centre back when Stones ventures forward into midfield. He offers the team flexibility.

Germany.

Full squad

Goalkeepers: Neuer (FC Bayern), Leno (Leverkusen), Ter Stegen (Barcelona)

Defenders: Höwedes (Schalke), Hummels (Dortmund), Boateng (FC Bayern), Hector (Köln), Mustafi (Valencia), Can (Liverpool), Rüdiger (Roma)

Midfielders: Kroos (Real Madrid), Khedira (Juventus), Weigl (Dortmund), Kimmich (FC Bayern), Podolski (Galatasaray), Draxler (Wolfsburg), Schürrle (Wolfsburg), Müller (FC Bayern), Özil (Arsenal), Schweinsteiger (Manchester United)

Forwards: Gomez (Besiktas), Götze (FC Bayern), Sane (Schalke).

http://www.bundesliga.com/en/euro2016/news/newsdetails_407318.jsp?utm_

How on earth is Schweinsteiger in? He's not kicked a ball for months. Podolski in over Reus is hilarious too.

Schurrle over Brandt and Bellarabi is farcical too.

Drinkwater misses out. Townsend as well. Rashford & Sturridge going.

Not really bothered that Dross misses out. Drinkwater really should have gone ahead of Henderson and Sturridge is very fortunate as well.

Harsh on Drinkwater after the season he has had, but not overly surprising. Roy was pretty much always going to go with Henderson and Milner as his workhorses of choice.

Would have taken Drinkwater over Henderson and Townsend over Sturridge. The latter just isn't fit enough to trust and we don't need 5 strikers. Townsend, for all his faults, is capable of changing a game off the bench when he's in form which he is atm

Would have taken Drinkwater over Henderson and Townsend over Sturridge. The latter just isn't fit enough to trust and we don't need 5 strikers. Townsend, for all his faults, is capable of changing a game off the bench when he's in form which he is atm

I think that's fair. I don't see the point in taking Sturridge if you have Rashford it should've been one or the other as both will be behind Kane, Vardy and Rooney. It means one of them won't see the pitch at all whereas Townsend could be part of a change formation to give genuine width.

I don't understand the Henderson pick at all, Drinkwater is far better but at least we're not German I imagine their fans must be scratching their heads over picking Podolski and not Reus.

Reus isn't fit tbf. Although I'd take him with one leg over Lukas "still dining out on the 2006 World Cup" Podolski.

Reus is ruled out with an injury, but still no excuse for Pod

Italy squad:

1 Buffon, 2 De Sciglio, 3 Chiellini, 4 Darmian, 5 Ogbonna, 6 Candreva, 7 Zaza, 8 Florenzi, 9 Pelle', 10 Motta, 11 Immobile, 12 Sirigu, 13 Marchetti, 14 Sturaro, 15 Barzagli, 16 De Rossi, 17 Eder, 18 Parolo, 19 Bonucci, 20 Insigne, 21 Bernardeschi, 22 El Shaarawy, 23 Giaccherini

Reserves: Benassi, Rugani, Zappacosta

No Pirlo or Giovinco as Antonio Conte refused to pick players who chose to play in MLS

Madness that Jorginho isn't in there with Verratti and Marchisio injured. He's a quality player on the back of a wonderful season.

Ireland squad left to the last minute, of the ex-wolfs Keane makes it (although not fit at the moment) as does Ward. Doyle and Gibson told to head to the beach.

Westwood late bolter thanks to his form at the end of the season is enough to put personal differences with O'Neill aside, Arfur misses out through injury, McGeady who was told he wasnt needed by Wednesday because his form is that crap must have called in his favours with MON to make the squad.

Goalkeepers: Darren Randolph, Shay Given, Keiren Westwood.

Defenders: Seamus Coleman, Cyrus Christie, John O’Shea, Ciaran Clark, Shane Duffy, Richard Keogh, Robbie Brady, Stephen Ward.
Midfielders: Glenn Whelan, James McCarthy, Jeff Hendrick, Wes Hoolahan, James McClean, Aiden McGeady, Stephen Quinn, David Meyler.

Forwards: Shane Long, Jon Walters, Daryl Murphy, Robbie Keane.

Ireland squad left to the last minute, of the ex-wolfs Keane makes it (although not fit at the moment) as does Ward. Doyle and Gibson told to head to the beach.

Westwood late bolter thanks to his form at the end of the season is enough to put personal differences with O'Neill aside, Arfur misses out through injury, McGeady who was told he wasnt needed by Wednesday because his form is that crap must have called in his favours with MON to make the squad.

Westwood really should be first choice, it shouldn't even be a question. Randolph is a bog standard lower half Championship keeper (with a cushy gig now not playing many games and sitting on a comfy PL bench) and Given looked finished at Euro 2012 let alone now.

Pleased Robbie is able to go although I don't see him playing much even if he is fit.

Back