• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2016 watch

Sturridge apparently sat out training with a knock, again.

If he was a horse, he'd have been sent to the glue factory by now. Adds weight to the argument Rashford should go.
Cahill also missing from training. I read that during Rodgers time at Liverpool Sturridge never trained for two days after a game..

Delph looks set to miss out due to a thigh strain, though I am not sure he would have made the final squad anyway.

he has been injured a lot this season, we will see if can stay fit next season

Pep will get rid of Delph, he isn't anything like good enough for Man City. Odd signing.

The Northern Ireland squad has been announced:

Goalkeepers: Alan Mannus (St Johnstone), Michael McGovern (Hamilton Academical), Roy Carroll (Linfield)

Defenders: Craig Cathcart (Watford), Jonathan Evans (West Bromwich Albion), Gareth McAuley (West Bromwich Albion), Luke McCullough (Doncaster Rovers), Conor McLaughlin (Fleetwood Town), Lee Hodson (MK Dons), Aaron Hughes (Free agent), Patrick McNair (Manchester United), Chris Baird (Derby County)

Midfielders: Steven Davis (Southampton), Oliver Norwood, (Reading), Corry Evans, (Blackburn Rovers), Shane Ferguson (Millwall), Stuart Dallas (Leeds United), Niall McGinn (Aberdeen), Jamie Ward (Nottingham Forest)

Forwards: Kyle Lafferty (Norwich City), Conor Washington (Queens Park Rangers), Josh Magennis (Kilmarnock), Will Grigg (Wigan Athletic)

Germany not preparing in great form losing 3-1 at home to Slovakia whom will be no pushovers as some have suggested.

Mostly a second string team though. Only 3 or 4 players who'll start the first game in the Euros.

Still not ideal, however Germany are pretty good at turning it on when it counts.
Slovakia will have a chance to progress and won't be easy fodder for Wales in there first game as Robbie Savage seems to think.

Trevor Sinclair's England team to face Russia: 5-3-2
Hart, Clyne, Cahill, Stones, Smalling, Rose, Alli, Rooney, Sterling, Kane, Vardy

:icon_lol:

Id be here all day if I could be bothered to pick this apart.

You don't need a midfield when you have 3 centre backs...........

Dier has been training with the defenders today apparently. It wouldn't surprise me if we went 532 at some point in the tournament, although clearly it won't be with the personnel above

Dier has been training with the defenders today apparently. It wouldn't surprise me if we went 532 at some point in the tournament, although clearly it won't be with the personnel above

More likely that he is being seen as the extra backup solution, so just making sure that he is on message just in case he is needed

We would have taken more than 3 centre backs if Roy wanted to ever play a formation that he has yet to try as England manager.

Agree YW. I also think Parkin is correct in his assessment above too.

Rashford has moved above Sturridge for me in the pecking order too.

At times during the game the fullbacks will move forward so Dier has to learn when he becomes part of the defensive three. Big problem is non of them are particularly vocal.

At times during the game the fullbacks will move forward so Dier has to learn when he becomes part of the defensive three. Big problem is non of them are particularly vocal.

Dier does that job for Spurs and has been excellent at it all season. Spurs however have Vertonghen who can move to LB and Alderweireld that can move to RB as both play there for their national teams. England have Smalling and Stones but both have only played at RB so that leaves a void on the left hand side. I feel that's why England need to play Bertrand and not Rose as Bertrand is the better defender.

Back