• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2016 watch

FFS - just realised I'm at my uncle's birthday bash in Sheffield on June 11th. Schoolboy error there. I may have to locate an ale establishment and 'vanish' for a few hours. My other uncle will no doubt follow me.

FFS - just realised I'm at my uncle's birthday bash in Sheffield on June 11th. Schoolboy error there. I may have to locate an ale establishment and 'vanish' for a few hours. My other uncle will no doubt follow me.
I was going to go away the first week of the euro's, til I realised the dates (only because I wanted to make sure I booked the england v wales game off). Don't want to spoil a holiday by spending every day monitoring football news and watching football matches, so moved to the week prior.

I've decided I'd take Rashford, and drop Delph, Townsend and one other.

My thinking is Sturridge is not a team player, and is also too injury prone. In addition, taking too many defenders is frequently a mistake we make. Attackers/Forwards make the difference in tournaments by changing games and scoring goals. So I think we need 5 forwards.

Quick heads up here, SkyBet have a great offer on whereby you place a £10 win or £10 ew on any team and every time the team wins a game you get a £3 free bet. No brainer for me, you have to have a go.

Which market? Outright winners?

yeah, Germany and France have the easiest groups..Belgium is fun though

Portugal have a piss easy group but probably won't get to the final.

Starting to wonder if Barkley could be a surprise omission from the squad.

I'm not sure Roy would trust him to play as part of a central three in a 4-3-3 and if we're going down the diamond route, Roy gave Sterling and Alli time there on Sunday and Rooney is still to come into the fold. You've also got Lallana available.

He'll then be able to take Drinkwater, Henderson and Wilshere to cover the three deeper midfield positions.

Last edited:
I hope not, I think he's a great option to have. He came off the bench to great effect against Germany and was part of the three in midfield that did well against France.

I hope he does go, but if we're going to use the diamond and use Rooney deeper it wouldn't surprise me if Rashford goes so we have 4 options up top still.

Roy is quite loyal to the players he has been using during the qualifiers/recent friendly fixtures. Rashford, Delph and Townsend to miss out.

Rooney, Kane, Vardy & Sturridge will be more than enough as the forward options.

That will be the three who drop out, unless Henderson/Wilshere have any fitness issues of course.

I don't think Roy will play Rooney behind the two forwards

That will be the three who drop out, unless Henderson/Wilshere have any fitness issues of course.

I don't think Roy will play Rooney behind the two forwards

I think that Rooney will play as part of a front three with Kane and Lallana. Roy may look to introduce the pace of Vardy and or Sterling later in matches. I can't see Sturridge getting much of an outing as he is an out and out striker or of no use on the field. I'd pick Kane, Vardy and Rooney ahead of him in that role.

I think that Rooney will play as part of a front three with Kane and Lallana. Roy may look to introduce the pace of Vardy and or Sterling later in matches. I can't see Sturridge getting much of an outing as he is an out and out striker or of no use on the field. I'd pick Kane, Vardy and Rooney ahead of him in that role.

Thats my fear that Roy picks a front three of Rooney Kane and Lallana, there are better options available to him.

Back