• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everton 1-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Was the winner our first second half goal this season?
Could see Julen was very happy when we scored, bit of passion from the manager isn’t going to hurt.
We might have got lampard the sack as well.

Southampton are in deep do do too. Hammered in the bananarama derby.

The teams around us - 13th downwards - are all as awful one another. If we sign the 4-5 players Lopetegui wants we’ll get out of this fairly easily (plus Nunes played correctly, and Traore to come back). And I think Fosun are worried enough to do it.

Pretty poor performance but all those boos at the end is the sound of a good result! There was a lot there for the manager to consider and far too many sub-par performances. Massive win however.

Just glad Nunes didn’t pass it to Guedes tbh.

If we can get Nunes at it consistently, him, Cunha, RAN, B. Traore is a lot of theoretical quality to add to the team without any additional incomings.

The CB situation is an issue and needs addressing ASAP and Sa made a big save but was also shaky at times and we can’t afford to be putting this defence under any more pressure with awful distribution and clearances.

Could see Julen was very happy when we scored, bit of passion from the manager isn’t going to hurt.
I recall the last minute winner at Villa and he who shouldn’t be named was looking for a nice brunette in the crowd who took his fancy rather than going ballistic like everyone else who was following us.

Moutinho going nuts on the sideline is a joy to behold.

I don’t really understand what has happened to Collins and Kilman - they’ve gone from a decent pairing to a bit of a bomb scare.

Neves scored in the second half at Brentford

First league goal beyond the 56th minute though

A win that was as important as undeserved.

We were poor and that should help focus Lopetegui’s mind going forward. Today confirmed a few things…
Bueno has a lot to learn.
Nunes has to start.
Costa is miles short of PL standard and that isn’t going change.
Hodge miles short like Costa but he has time on his side and in the short to medium term that time shouldn’t be spent anywhere near the PL.

The three points make the table look much better and as a team we can only get better and Pawson won’t be the ref every week.

Everton fans left cursing what they were wishing for. Booing possession on the half way line but then picked off as soon as they tried something different. Reminded me a bit of when our fans were getting anxious at Swansea playing it about in front of us under Mick. A player leaves his position and chases the ball to find it being put in the back of our net a few seconds later.

Very poor stuff overall from both sides, for the first time in a few years our changes worked to perfection as Everton pushed on leaving huge spaces for us to counter into and we duly obliged.
Which Adama took advantage of & according to you ‘got lucky’ with his rubbish cross.

Neves scored in the second half at Brentford

First league goal beyond the 56th minute though
First win from behind this season too? First one in ages I think.

Was Costa coming off at one point then came back on?

Thought we did well, Costa was not as bad as as being made out, Held the ball up well, Bought other players in, Felt sorry a couple of times dragged Centre half out, Span in behind only to see the ball played where he was.
The cross for the winner was heading straight to him 8 yards out, The deflection dropped straight to RAN.

Happy with the win relatively pleased with the performance in spells, need to tighten up at the back can't give decent teams the chances we gave these.

Central defence not good
What the fuck Bueno was doing marking Centre half I have no clue.
A much needed win
No way was we scoring that under Lage, we had 4 players in the box never ever under Lage did we get that many players forward

Thought we did well, Costa was not as bad as as being made out, Held the ball up well, Bought other players in, Felt sorry a couple of times dragged Centre half out, Span in behind only to see the ball played where he was.
Are you sure you weren't watching a re-run by mistake? He was genuinely awful. Didn't win a single ball in the air I don't think. I counted at least twice he ran in completely the wrong direction for a long through ball.

Back