• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everton 1-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Costa was awful. He’s about two or three paces behind the speed of the game which was always the risk when we signed him, really. I’d be tempted to play Jimenez for United and then roll with Cunha from Villa onwards. It’s really costing us not having an outlet upfront currently.

Thought we did well, Costa was not as bad as as being made out, Held the ball up well, Bought other players in, Felt sorry a couple of times dragged Centre half out, Span in behind only to see the ball played where he was.
The cross for the winner was heading straight to him 8 yards out, The deflection dropped straight to RAN.

Happy with the win relatively pleased with the performance in spells, need to tighten up at the back can't give decent teams the chances we gave these.

Central defence not good
What the fuck Bueno was doing marking Centre half I have no clue.
A much needed win
No way was we scoring that under Lage, we had 4 players in the box never ever under Lage did we get that many players forward
Costa actually set up a couple of possible chances for others. He certainly was not as bad as some make out. His temper is a continual worry though.

Well, gotta love a much needed but undeserved win. Everton are terrible, they could easily go down, but we were worse apart from a 20 minute period just after we conceded.
Was concerned when we went 3 atb but it turned out to be a tactical masterstroke😀
Cracking ball by Nunes and a composed finish.
I'd be happy if Costa never played for us again, waste of a shirt, just shithouses and is shit, rather play Hwang up top if Raul not fit enough.
You can see why JL thinks we need up to 6 in.

We didn’t play great but you have to defend until FT. Everton didn’t and we punished that.

Deserved points, IMO.

That game reminded me of Bristol City (a) when I fell off my seat when we scored so late.
Guess what? I fell off my seat again.

I was beginning to think those days had gone.

Think that I got the result right and for the 1st time in about 3 seasons, got the score right too!

Don’t get some of the posts - thought we pressed well, got bodies forward and didn’t pass slowly around the back.

Good performances from Semedo, RAN and Podence - Everton’s chances came from Collins and Bueno’s calamities rather than cutting through us easily.

Don’t get some of the posts - thought we pressed well, got bodies forward and didn’t pass slowly around the back.

Good performances from Semedo, RAN and Podence - Everton’s chances came from Collins and Bueno’s calamities rather than cutting through us easily.

There’s a lot to work on but it was significantly better than anything six weeks ago. The pressing and fitness was a marked improvement.

Considering there were concerns from fans and Julen about our fitness levels and finishing games poorly, it's a nice turnaround to get a 95th min winner

The Costa one is an absolute shocker. Not even a hint of a foul there and we were away.

Thanks to Guedes for an absolute Joe Allen of a sub appearance.
Nice too see Costa has replaced Lage for you …😉

Are you sure you weren't watching a re-run by mistake? He was genuinely awful. Didn't win a single ball in the air I don't think. I counted at least twice he ran in completely the wrong direction for a long through ball.
Costa actually set up a couple of possible chances for others. He certainly was not as bad as some make out. His temper is a continual worry though.
His chest control when the ball went over centre halfs head was superb only a sliding last ditch deflection stopped us.
The ball dropped to him several times and he held it up and took pressure off.
Pawson gave him nothing early on centre Half straight through the back of him Pawson gave nothing

His chest control when the ball went over centre halfs head was superb only a sliding last ditch deflection stopped us.
The ball dropped to him several times and he held it up and took pressure off.
Pawson gave him nothing early on centre Half straight through the back of him Pawson gave nothing
I recall a couple of opportunities for him to pull the trigger, took too long and then opted for the option of passing to someone in blue. I’d sooner give Hwang a go there if Raul can’t do more than 30 mi.

Two poor teams. Poor Ref. Bloody great result. Hwang has reverted to type. Costa wasn`t half as bad as some are making out. Sure, he`s past it but until Raul is back to fitness or we have a replacement he`s our best option.

Back