• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everton 1-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score

Did we deserve to win? No. Do I care? No.

If we finish below Everton then we'll go down as they're as bad as we are.

Start Nunes please, get a centre half in pronto, never play Hodge again this season and get Cunha in the team for Villa away.

Merry Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Low quality but high drama game!

I wasn't sure when we moved to 5 at the back, but it turns out to be an inspired decision! Huge win and hopefully helps to build a bit of confidence in the squad.

Shout out to Craig Pawson who tried to make a poor spectacle worse with his bizarre decisions

Terrific result. Ait Nouri did well at the end & Adama freed up space when he came on. Semedo had a good game. Referee was dreadful.

The Costa one is an absolute shocker. Not even a hint of a foul there and we were away.

Thanks to Guedes for an absolute Joe Allen of a sub appearance.
Harsh...he had one moment where he touched the ball...kept it and carried it forward and found a teammate.
From tiny acorns etc etc...

Guedes was appalling. At least Jeremy Helan could control a ball, occasionally beat a man and move it up field (only by 5 yards before he ran off the pitch but that's better than Guedes)

Pawson was beyond awful. I’m not saying that we’d have been any better with a different referee but fighting against 12 is always a struggle.
Everton are awful and we were worse at times but at least there’s hope.

Harsh...he had one moment where he touched the ball...kept it and carried it forward and found a teammate.
From tiny acorns etc etc...
Not harsh enough imv. An absolute Jermaine Pennant of an appearance.

Very poor stuff overall from both sides, for the first time in a few years our changes worked to perfection as Everton pushed on leaving huge spaces for us to counter into and we duly obliged.

Lol one of the most undeserved winners I've ever witnessed! Awful display, terrible passing but we managed to shithouse one at the end.

I was sat in the Gladys St End and they were FUMING!! :LOL:

How did Costa stay on the pitch? Genuinely one of the worst striker performances I've ever seen. And I've seen Paul Gladon and Tomasz Frankowski!!

Great, great win and much needed 3 points.

Oh and a note for Craig Pawson. Utterly blatant home, especially in the second half. Dreadful.

Don't think it was that ridiculous.

We were poor in terms of our play but we made changes to ensure we didn't lose. Organised and frustrated them. They created 1 proper opening in the 2nd half from a free kick I think.
We then hit them on the counter.
Almost a classic Nuno style away win we have all missed.

Don’t think that was undeserved at all - one of those games where a draw was probably the right result, but either side could have nicked it.

Back