• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everton 1-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Costa seems like a good character to have around the squad but I’d be quite happy if he didn’t start another game for us all season. He’s never going to score.

I recall a couple of opportunities for him to pull the trigger, took too long and then opted for the option of passing to someone in blue. I’d sooner give Hwang a go there if Raul can’t do more than 30 mi.
One pass was actually to Hwang who ruined the potential opportunity given him. There was also another to a Wolves player who then failed to capitalise. His performance was actually a 6/10 for me whereas Hwang was 4/10. & we know who was taken off by the manager.

I think it might be time to take Bueno & Hodge out. They need a bit of protecting as young players.
Hodge needs binning. Has no redeeming qualities at all.

Bueno just had a bad game, he's a good player but I take your point in resting him as I would play RAN against Utd too.

Last edited:
Very poor quality game, glad JL said we are nowhere near in his interview afterwards and there's lots to work on.

Our front players don't look like scoring and we have 6 of them! None of them break the lines, get shots off in open play or look to beat players.

I'd sell the lot if we could and bring in new one's.

Adama was abysmal when he came on and his 'cross' for the winner is incredibly lucky. The pass from Nunes was exquisite to him though and great to see players flood forward into the box so there were targets. Haven't seen that in a long time.

I never want to see Hodge in a Wolves shirt again this season and it's pretty clear we need an organiser at the back as Kilman and Collins aren't that player.

Plenty to work with, it's 2 from 2 for JL and if that kind of luck keeps on we'll be more than fine and actually enjoying games again.

Hodge has potential, but he shouldn't be in the first team at the moment. Needs loaning somewhere first. I'd have put him behind Cundle in terms of ability.

I recall a couple of opportunities for him to pull the trigger, took too long and then opted for the option of passing to someone in blue. I’d sooner give Hwang a go there if Raul can’t do more than 30 mi.
Confidence is low, He should have pulled the trigger, I think he will soon

The much maligned Semedo and Podence both had excellent games. Bueno’s worst game to date. Nunes will become a star under JL. He has a confident elegance about him and his pass to Adama was exquisite.

Reading online seems like a few of the games before last years implosion where we weren't impressive, but got the result.

Today was so important, couldn't lose, but the win is great.

Don't watch all of the below video, but fast forward to the last couple of seconds. Succinct analysis of Nathan Judah

I bang on about it a lot but I hate the “good effort” talk after a defeat.
So today is perfect we needed something today and we got it wasn’t pretty but it doesn’t matter.
Things that are better than before the break, body language especially going behind kept going.
JL did the sensible thing of you can’t win don’t lose but ensured we had something on the break.
Every time I see we’ve got Craig Pawson I know it’s going to be a shower of shit, another atrocious official.

I think that may have been his final start for us. With Raul getting 0 minutes then he may get the nod vs United and Cunha is allowed to play vs Villa and should.

We put ourselves in a situation where we had to do it, he has tried but he is completely done. I can't believe he's only 34, he looks 15+ years older in every respect.

Enjoyed Julen at the end having his name chanted but rather than lapping it up he pointed towards the players. Nice and humble compared to the previous incumbent.

Couple of observations, if Adamas cross hadn't been deflected it would have gone well behind both men in the box (bout time we had some of that luck) and at least a couple of times the full backs glared daggers at Sa when he put them under unnecessary pressure

I have no issue with Diego being a guy we used for twenty minutes off the bench for the rest of the season. As Dan said, he has tried, clearly well liked too. I actually think his hold up play is generally fine too just can't do it for long periods.

Back