• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everton 1-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Think it's harsh for people to say Bueno looks like his form is dipping or needs to be taken out of the firing line. He had one bad game but he's been one of our best players recently and was our best player as recent as mid week in the cup.

Last edited:
Think it's harsh for people to say Bueno looks like his form is dipping or needs to be taken out of the firing line. He had one bad game but he's been one of our best players recently and was our best player as recent as mid week in the cup.
Not sure anyone is saying his form has dipped have they? He's had a good few months, way over hyped by the fans and yesterday he played poorly, its just one game, think JL is handling him spot on there, play him when he's full of confidence, give him a break when things don't go as planned.

To be fair to Bueno that blonde chap (was it Gordon, looks like a Pixar character?) clattered him every time he got it, which in essence worked, unfortunately it was the period where Pawson was only giving decisions one way!

There was that, but we also need a better strategy for making space than 'give to a full back 30 yards from our own goal and hope he beats a man'.

He wasn't at his best defensively, and it's good we've got two genuine options there, think with two goals RAN has earned a start, and he's got that bit more big game experience for United

Yesterday is more about the mental lift it gives the players, going 1 down isn’t the end of the world, both goals were down to intelligent moments from midfield.
Table looks more clustered now, you can probably go up to Palace and all those sides are looking over the shoulder.
The “you always going down if bottom at xmas” is false 16 games is equivalent of early December.
As I said body language was far better yesterday and we didn’t look knackered after 75 minutes.

He was about to go off for Raul when Pod got injured so Guedes replaced the latter instead.
On this. Normally that wouldn't make a difference. We had 2 subs left at that point. Could have still done it but must have been an active plan to switch to the 5 at the back if still level at a certain point so saved that sub.
Actual planning. More amazing than the win tbh

He was about to go off for Raul when Pod got injured so Guedes replaced the latter instead.

Thought he was going to get himself sent off at times
Pawson was itching to find a reason to give him a second yellow and I thought Costa was getting close to giving it to him.

To be fair to Bueno that blonde chap (was it Gordon, looks like a Pixar character?) clattered him every time he got it, which in essence worked, unfortunately it was the period where Pawson was only giving decisions one way!
I thought this. We seemed to play the horse shoe of death, but this time across our own penalty area and it always ended with Bueno, who had two men on him and no outlet ahead of him.

Was heading Stateside to see the family for Crimbo during the game (you never know, I may bump into Alan😁) so only managed to hear the result at the end of the Villa game which was being shown live on the plane and had to apologise to the passengers who must have thought I was an Islamic terrorist when I screamed out like an idiot 🥴

Anyway, by the by, only saw highlights but have to give Sa some credit for the save from Gordon. That goes in and we lose that game and we’re in the shit.

However, a Win is a win and the result is greater than the performance as most have said, but we need a leader at the back in this window, as, even in the limited highlights, we looked a shambles defensively. 3ATB I think is needed until JL gets his reinforcements in and susses out the wheat from the chaff

Only other real positive is that we’re not bottom after 15 games and now in touching distance of survival, with a bit of confidence back

Not back until after the Man U game so need you guys to make some noise. COYW

Was heading Stateside to see the family for Crimbo during the game (you never know, I may bump into Alan😁) so only managed to hear the result at the end of the Villa game which was being shown live on the plane and had to apologise to the passengers who must have thought I was an Islamic terrorist when I screamed out like an idiot 🥴

Anyway, by the by, only saw highlights but have to give Sa some credit for the save from Gordon. That goes in and we lose that game and we’re in the shit.

However, a Win is a win and the result is greater than the performance as most have said, but we need a leader at the back in this window, as, even in the limited highlights, we looked a shambles defensively. 3ATB I think is needed until JL gets his reinforcements in and susses out the wheat from the chaff

Only other real positive is that we’re not bottom after 15 games and now in touching distance of survival, with a bit of confidence back

Not back until after the Man U game so need you guys to make some noise. COYW
Not sure JL sees it as playing 3 or 4 atb, changes it to suit the opposition and the way the game is panning out. I mean for large parts of the match we were rubbish individually but the tactics worked out in the end. His after match remarks made it sound simple, go 3 atb because they were lobbing more balls in there and it also freed up space for counter attacking.

Football show talk about our game was interesting. They think Everton might well be fucked and we will be fine. Highlighted how fit we were and slagged Lage a fair bit.

By all accounts Southampton were appalling yesterday and I'd be amazed if that nutjob Jones has any success at this level. Crap football and he's properly unhinged.

Everton probably can't improve much from what we saw yesterday unless they spend, but I'm not sure there's anything to spend. Lampard has already said that we blew them out of the water on Cunha. I also think they'll sack him if they lose to City and Brighton in the next week and their record of appointing managers is dire.

You'd like to think that if those two go then we should be able to finish above one of West Ham (actually have had a worse 2022 in the league than us somehow), Leeds, Forest and Bournemouth.

Whilst it was fucking hilarious to hear an Everton manager call us a big spending club, that well must be getting pretty dry.
Southampton, yes, also terrible, and haven't drastically improved with their new manager (whoever he is... 🤷🏼‍♂️).
Even Palace, 11th but only 6 points from us can get dragged in, this is far from over for a lot of clubs.

What happens to Coady if Everton go down…

Not sure who comes off worse out the whole situation.

Back