• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 3rd Rnd] Liverpool 2-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I'd say what he's written is shite.

I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure there are 4 cameras used for VAR which are permanently wide angle and have to be on all the time to cover the whole pitch. I'm also pretty sure all the VAR cameras are available 100% of the time, 4 wide 2 mid and 2 tight on each area of the pitch (40+ for the whole stadium). You've then got the tight focus and slo-mo cameras focused on each area too.

You say everything he writes is shite 😃. I'm not saying you are incorrect, but on this occasion even he must have done his research before publishing? Otherwise it's not shite, it's just made up.

You say everything he writes is shite 😃. I'm not saying you are incorrect, but on this occasion even he must have done his research before publishing? Otherwise it's not shite, it's just made up.
He's not researched it very well, if at all, as most of his articles aren't.

I'd say what he's written is shite.

I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure there are 4 cameras used for VAR which are permanently wide angle and have to be on all the time to cover the whole pitch. I'm also pretty sure all the VAR cameras are available 100% of the time, 4 wide 2 mid and 2 tight on each area of the pitch (40+ for the whole stadium). You've then got the tight focus and slo-mo cameras focused on each area too.
Agreed. VAR doesn't rely on broadcast camera angles. They have multiple different views like you say, all at higher FPS as far as I remember.

If VAR required broadcast cameras then every ground would have it for round 3 as every game gets full tv camera coverage. But VAR is only at premier league grounds. Everything suggests it’s a different system

Pretty sure the VAR cameras are fixed as they are the ones used for Hawkeye too

It’s a farce regardless. I don’t think it’s a difficult decision to make, linesman gets it wrong with a huge dose of guesswork, linesman is “reminded” to flag, then they can’t check it because they only have one camera and not the neccessary two…

It’s fucking obvious on that still without needing “calibrated lines” but as they don’t have them they “can’t be sure”. So have to stick with a blatantly obvious wrong call but will then forensically analyse a toe nail offside to try to disallow another. Joke

Last edited:
The fucking idiots have given the offside for the Collins header not the second header..
It's fairly obvious the lino wasn't going to flag until the ref encouraged him to do so, probably because Nunes looked offside from his angle.

Think that's Quirks point
That's what I initially assumed, he'd flagged for the Collins header mistakenly, but you can see now that he wasn't going to flag at all. If he was waiting until the move was over it would have been raised as soon as it went in the goal.

Back