• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 3rd Rnd] Liverpool 2-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Awful from the officials and VAR again. Used to it now, but just makes you more and more fed up with the game.

As for us we did ourselves proud, 9 changes and up against their strongest team and we should be walking away with the win. No disgrace in drawing especially considering we didn't get to play them on a level playing field.

Also great to see a change in attitude from some players: Guedes looked revitalised after his goal, Adama tracked back and put in a solid 90 minute performance, Hwang is transformed too.

If the linesman can see through 18 players to see that Nunes was off side receiving the ball back from the Hwang header then I’m a Glaswegian.

Somebody’s commented on the paddy power page
“ they drew a line from the Liverpool defence all the way back to the centre of Wolverhampton, and an old lady doing her shopping had her basket in an offside position”
Probably as good a reason as the official one.

Think this might be a more or less unanimous verdict thread (!)

Very good performance, the kids did themselves proud. Need to cut out unenforced errors, far too many at the moment that are costing us time and again, do that and we should be fine.

I love him so much
One thing he did today that I realized he hadn't been doing under Lage; we win possession near him, play it quickly back to Ruben, and he immediately uncorks a perfect switch to the weak side of the pitch. Did it a couple of times today to Dexter and led to a couple of very good chances.

We played well for long periods and for me at times that was the most we've looked like the team under Nuno in a long time, even the last year under Nuno. I thought Matheus was both terrific and heart-stopping, and is one of the best midfield players carrying the ball I think I've seen, certainly at Wolves. Dexter was good, Collins bar one mistake was excellent. RAN was also good.

We have the green shoots of recovery showing and look a far better side than the one we were watching 2 months ago.

One thing he did today that I realized he hadn't been doing under Lage; we win possession near him, play it quickly back to Ruben, and he immediately uncorks a perfect switch to the weak side of the pitch. Did it a couple of times today to Dexter and led to a couple of very good chances.

He used to do it quite a bit under Nuno in our heyday. Almost like it works!

VAR killing the game. Salah clearly interfering and no evidence that Nunes offside - funny how goal line camera disappeared… Feels like a loss and fuck paying £35 to watch officials do everything they can to see a Liverpool through in the replay.

Back