• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 3rd Rnd] Liverpool 2-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Cunha looks like he wants a second or two too many to move the ball, am sure he’ll get up to speed quickly enough

4 points every 3 league games and we’ll be sweet

It's obviously a camera issue rather than there not being one there
Yeah, otherwise how would they be allowed to have VAR for this game.

although we didn’t want a replay, a bit of injustice after a good performance might just reinvigorate us a bit, weirdly I think. Even for the fans.

That’s unfair. Why would they have thought there’d be a need to review decisions in the box? They can’t have cameras everywhere
It’d be interesting to see if Anfield has a camera looking down line goal line? Most grounds I’ve been to have them to show if the ball has crossed the line?

He (Nunes) definitely did a couple of things that elicited a "come on, man".

But the way he can pick the ball up outside our 18 and just carry it all the way to theirs? It's like watching Moses part the Red fucking Sea. It's god damn majestic.

Last edited:
Anyways, confidence breeds more confidence and this should have done ours a world of good. Forest made 11 changes and got dismantled.

How many did we make? 9?

We Played very well but was robbed again by poor officiating… if we can play this well in the league we’ll have no issues staying up

Same thing happen in CL. A player was playing Everyone onside by the corner flag. But couldn’t see him on VAR camera so they gave it offside. They need to rectify it

It’d be interesting to see if Anfield has a camera looking down line goal line? Most grounds I’ve been to have them to show if the ball has crossed the line?
Their cameras can't see what happens in their box, they're too busy recording every angle of Salah, so we get every angle of every goal he does

Why the fuck did the linesman flag anyway, theyre only supposed to give the most obvious of obvious decisions
Clearly he thought it was obvious, and if there were any cameras on that side of the pitch maybe we'd think so, too.

VAR should have been aware that there was no camera angle to use before it was announced on the pitch that it was under review. It's just muddied everything up and now we're inherently going to feel that poor lino was wrong, no matter what.

Special mention for Joe Hodge too. He isn’t as flashy as Neves and Nunes but he did a lot of dirty work tonight that allowed Neves to ping balls about. Probably his best game for us against a decent Liverpool midfield.

It'd be more useful to go into the stand and find one of the million phones that were no doubt recording it. Can't wait to see that on twitter.

Forgetting that for a moment, superb performance overall especially considering the eleven put out

I didn't think Nunes was that great tbh. Often turned into blind channels centrally and gave the ball away a couple of times.
That was why I described him as terrific and heart-stopping. When he got it right he was majestic, but a couple of times he played himself into trouble, though you feel like he has the ability to deal with those situations.

Well I'm raging at the result obviously. I mean Nunes might have been offside but for there ro be no camera angle to prove it completely negates the point of VAR.
If the laws state that Salah is not offside then that is just bloody ridiculous.
All that aside no Wolves fan can be disappointed by that performance. A few individual errors but we came back strong, created some great chances and at least matched a, strong Liverpool side.
Neves, Nunes and RAN were first class, in fact no-one had a bad game.
Pity Collins blotted his copybook, played well apart from that.
Thought Jonny looked more like his old self.
Raul was fine first half, rusty but you could see what he was trying to do. Should have been subbed earlier, ran out of steam and went back to his old tricks of being greedy. Minutes will do him good and providing here covers ok I'd be starting him against Forest.
Youngsters all did well.
Cuhna showed a few bits, needs gametime.

I clearly remember Neto being given offside by VAR coming back from a corner at Molineux when we scored against Leicester.

Back