• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 3rd Rnd Replay] Wolves 3-2 (AET) Brentford: Verdict Thread

Backed the draw and won a few quid. Then laid the winnings off against us progressing. Lost €2 on the night but guaranteed we're through. Happy out. Sounded like Santi and Doyle had a good game too. ++

Deserved to win. Rancid defending on both their goals and we should have had 4 or 5 in normal time.

Pen looked soft but I'll have to watch it back.

Superb finish by Fraser who really does have something about him.

We cannot play crap like Doherty and Hodge, sorry. They're not even Championship players.

Bloody cold!

Totally free, matchday live on wolves tv.
Burrows, thomson and naylor on comms.
Whole game, live from the ground, as i rately get tv coverage over here, i listen every game, well worth it judging by the crap some of you are listening to.
Lots of comps for doyle, santi, and fraser, and the crowd went nuts when pedro and super mario came on. Dw will hate it but doc had a good first half too.

I thought Doherty was alright... 😂

I did get punched in the back of the head by the idiot behind me after we fucked up one of our chances though and might have a small concussion so I'll blame it on that 😂

I can confirm that Hodge was a fucking embarrassment. He looked like a lost little boy playing with men.

Doc had a couple of little runs where he beat his man, not much came from them. Apart from that he wasn't very good.

Hodge was different levels of shit though. I don't understand how a midfielder barely touches the ball. He hides away and never gives an option for a pass for the centre backs, and he's weak as piss. I get he's only a kid but he's never going to be a viable option here, even if we end up going down in the next few years.

Doc had a right strop when subbed, kicking one of the pitchside balls away, sloping over the corners of the pitch while play was going on and largely ignoring the fans applauding him.

Great win in the end, lovely seeing Fraser score that goal and almost got a winner in normal time too. We understandably looked so much better with Neto and Lemina on the pitch.

Before the game there was a group of pensioners near the Sir Jack statue with a banner calling for a ceasefire.

Bring on the BCD!

Hodge was different levels of shit though. I don't understand how a midfielder barely touches the ball. He hides away and never gives an option for a pass for the centre backs, and he's weak as piss. I get he's only a kid but he's never going to be a viable option here, even if we end up going down in the next few years.
He's not even that young. He's 22 in September.

Lee Evans was starting fairly regularly for us when he was 19 and was (and is) a miles better footballer.

He looked the part. Put himself about a bit, got stuck in, calling for the ball not to mention a lovely finish. Here he is 10 years ago signing for the academy

1000064102.jpg

Man in the ground Vs man listening on the radio?

Who to believe...
The three commentators who were there, 2 ex pro footballers, and a guy who has been doing comms for 15 years. Although i would never doubt DW, so make your own mind up, sir.

Can’t seem to find any highlights to confirm, but it looked like Doc ambled out and got caught on the wrong side of his man for their opener. My view is often a bit flakey though. GON has seemed to be a quick learner to date, so I’m really hoping he saw enough not to allow either him or Hodge near the first team except for absolute crises ever again. If he did, well, he wouldn’t be the first manager to have a weird fixation with picking clearly incapable players to make some kind of point, I guess. Not much of a defence though.

Sure was an odd old game in many ways, but fun and Gomes back for the Man U game is a big positive outcome.

Deserved to win. Rancid defending on both their goals and we should have had 4 or 5 in normal time.

Pen looked soft but I'll have to watch it back.

Superb finish by Fraser who really does have something about him.

We cannot play crap like Doherty and Hodge, sorry. They're not even Championship players.

Bloody cold!

You never stop re Doc, he played out of position.

I notice there are no BBC highlights tonight or tomorrow. When are they?

why is this the hardest goddamn match to find any media on

did the teams enter witness protection or something this is so fucking annoying

Back