• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 4th Rnd] Wolves 1-0 Brighton: Verdict Thread

Good defensively, shit offensively.
After the goal was hoping Bellegarde was going to step up but unfortunately not.
Hwang was terrible as everyone says bur I don't think it helped having him so isolated up front on his own.
I'm a bit worried about Neto, after that early long bursting run he seemed to be a bit off it, at one stage Doc made a great run in the inside right position and Neto ignored him.
At the end when Toti made that run down the left, Neto was just jogging up the middle, I really hope he hasn't got a problem, otherwise Sunday we might have to start with a front 3 of Bellegarde, Fraser and Sarabia.

Decent performance, particularly defensively.

Hwang was like a wall tonight, no way he was sharp and no way he is a no.9 we need to change that, although we have no choice now.

I thought Bellegarde was better than he's often been, great run for the goal and a couple of other good moments too, Lemina actually did really well to score what was an odd goal.

I don't agree with the criticism of Doherty, he was simply adequate for me, couple of misplaced passes which get magnified because of his rep, but its not a hill I'm going to die on.

Was impressed with Kilman and Santi, and Doyle was excellent.

Sarabia showed some real niggly, battling qualities tonight too and the increase in our general quality when he and Neto came on was so obvious.

Traore still scares the shit out of me (in terms of what appears to be clumsiness), but he was fine tonight.

Yeah, pretty much how I saw it. We were very rigid today, we sat in our 3-4-3 formation and didn't move from it which is a big change from our recent performances. You've got to say full credit to O'Neil as well because even though they had so much of the play we were so solid and disciplined that they really struggled to create chances against us.

Neto was just jogging up the middle, I really hope he hasn't got a problem, otherwise Sunday we might have to start with a front 3 of Bellegarde, Fraser and Sarabia.
That was Neto presuming Toti would just go to the corner and waste time

Doc was 'ok' for the most part, got ripped apart early on but settled down after except for a few misplaced passes. One great run in on goal second half but Neto decided to go across the pitch.

He’s usually fine passing to his left, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen him hit a good pass into midfield.

Back