• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup Quarter-Final] Wolves 2-3 Coventry: Verdict Thread

Probably the fact he's scored two hat-tricks in recent weeks too. Purple patch.

Is funny how people get obsessed with FAD player who in 12 months time they’ll have forgotten about.

Told a few of them scout abroad and you’ll get a far better forward at about a 3rd the price Coventry would ask for.
Look today is a shitter and will be for a while but come May they’ll still be in the championship and out the cup and we’ll still be in the PL. After we beat Leeds in 98 the magic died about 10 minutes after the final whistle of the SF.

We were saying that about Gykores...

Seriously Gykores record last season was far better and is still a better player, even still his GPG would be reduced massively in the PL.

Simms isn’t in the same post code as Gyokeres
It amuses me that Arsenal are rumoured to be looking at him for the summer. You'd be pissed off as an Arsenal supporter if that's genuine. Cost €20m last summer, now has a €100m release clause on him at Sporting.

Tbf I've seen 98 minutes combined of Gykores and Simms, and that was today. I was just making a facetious point that he was written off as a slow shit fad in a light purple patch last summer, yet he'll probably go for£60m this summer

We couldn't have got anyone because we didn't want anyone. This seasons only objective was achieved before the window even opened.

We couldn't have got anyone because we didn't want anyone. This seasons only objective was achieved before the window even opened.

The same objective will be set this August too and every August forthcoming until we do drop out the league, which could happen next May. Anyone who think we’re to good is just delusional Leicester came 9th in 21/22 and went down the next season.

Agreed. Dawson would have dealt with him with ease, Simms is your standard, slow, lumbering Championship 6 yard box striker - as shown today.
He pulled our defence all over the place however and critically, was a conduit for Coventry attacks, a role we had no one to do.
Not claiming he is a world beater but that 'bag of shit' as some describe him, is exactly the type of quality that as a premier league club, we should have got in as 'back up'. He is faster than Kalajdzic and stronger than Fabio who we paid around £50m for whilst Cov got him for a couple of million.
All this is a clear failing of the club and their transfer strategy, it was they who stated they were satisfied with what they had got. Absolutely gutted about yesterday but furious with those in charge who are happy to charge us £600 for a season ticket but leave us woefully understaffed.

I agree with everything else you said, but Everton who started the season without a forward sold him, because when he played last season for them he was awful, completely out of his depth. He's scored 9 goals in 37 Championship matches. As said by someone earlier if you think that's the kind of player we should be signing then you've been gaslit by Jeff. We didn't need a backup we needed a starting 9

I agree with everything else you said, but Everton who started the season without a forward sold him, because when he played last season for them he was awful, completely out of his depth. He's scored 9 goals in 37 Championship matches. As said by someone earlier if you think that's the kind of player we should be signing then you've been gaslit by Jeff. We didn't need a backup we needed a starting 9
I don’t think many think Simms was the answer to our needs in January but the fact that he’s levels above Fraser demonstrates perfectly how bad our recruitment has been. Hwang has a long record of niggly injuries, Neto was already out with a hamstring so we put nearly all our chips on Cunha staying fit and lost. Not exactly what you’d hope for from a club with the sixth highest season ticket prices.

Back