• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup Quarter-Final] Wolves 2-3 Coventry: Verdict Thread

It was clear from one view that it either hit Toti's arm or Simm's upper arm. I assume if they gave Simm's the goal then they concluded it was his arm. Meaning it should have 100% been chalked off.

VAR just bottled it. McCoist was saying if they're not sure they should go with the ref's call. Which is bollocks because the ref had no way possible to see if it touched his arm. He just guessed and left it to VAR.

Just seen the goals on tele. The first is a handball, it can't not be, tbf to VAR if they aren't given an angle then they can't give it, so.I assume that's why we waited too long while someone tried to get one. 2 FA Cups in 2 years that's been done us.

I'd love to see a tally of goals conceded where someone hits the ball and Kilman turns sideways with his hands behind his back rather than throwing himself into the block

Sarabia was an inch from intercepting the ball that went wide for their equaliser, frustrating.

Gomes far too passive on O' Hare for their third too, which was unlike him.

Semedo too was poor today, just didn't engage enough!

I feel sorry for H. Bueno, he's had a tough season with limited game time, he scores what should have been a great, famous winner that could have kickstarted his career.....he looked devastated at the end.

Lemina should have been the one to come off, not Doyle. Mario was poor today - which I didn't expect.

Also I wouldn't have taken Toti off, I wonder if he has knock too?

Just seen the goals on tele. The first is a handball, it can't not be, tbf to VAR if they aren't given an angle then they can't give it, so.I assume that's why we waited too long while someone tried to get one. 2 FA Cups in 2 years that's been done us.

I'd love to see a tally of goals conceded where someone hits the ball and Kilman turns sideways with his hands behind his back rather than throwing himself into the block
He’s just shit. £30m 😨

GON taking Toti off every time as that coward is captain is equally baffling. I’d rather have Coady back from Leicester’s bench to play in the middle than that fraud.

Sarabia needs a good hard look at himself after that game, only thing he did with any enthusiasm was earn the cheapest booking of all time. Just back in the Spain squad and pocketed by Jake Bidwell. Semedo then treats the same bloke like he's peak Bale and lets him deliver at will. You look at the pedigree Wolves had down that side of the pitch and it's embarrassing how things played out.

Thought the centre halves played Simms well to start with, whenever he got into channels they shrugged him off with little effort but apparently paying attention to him in the box isn't their preference.

Doyle looked head and shoulders the best midfielder on the pitch, surprised to see him taken off ahead of either of the two who were largely anonymous. Only Doherty and Fraser managed to out ghost them, both being little more than bodies making up numbers. Thought Chiwome looked a far better prospect than the latter, mentality much sharper.

RAN and Sa almost did enough between them to overcome others' shortfalls but they were both pretty flaky at times too.

Just seemed a really slack and half hearted performance from Wolves, both collectively and individually. A lazy cliche but as much as anything Coventry just wanted it more.

Pretty devastated if I'm honest, not only were we terrible but we also threw the game away. Not a nice pill to swallow!

I think GoN set us up poorly, given the lack of forwards we should have started RAN as one of the attacking trio - we desperately needed some pace up front. Playing Lemina as a wide left forward was....odd.

Then to chuck in those awful performances from Fraser, Lemina, Semedo and Kilman (who looked defeated really early on, head down and looking at his most passive) and it's a recipe for disaster.

I thought Chiwome looked ok, good involvement in the equaliser and had a few moments where he got involved.

It's not often we are presented with the opportunity of a Wembley visit, and even more rarely that we have a lower league opponent to beat at home, and we blew it.

Side note: we've had a few poor games recently, hopefully it's due to a lack of Cunha and Neto instead of a regression to the team we saw at the start of the season.

Last edited:
Pretty devastated if I'm honest, not only were we terrible but we also threw the game away. Not a nice pill to swallow!

I think GoN set us up poorly, given the lack of forwards we should have started RAN as one of the attacking trio - we desperately needed some pace up front. Playing Lemina as a wide left forward was....odd.

Then to chuck in those awful performances from Fraser, Lemina, Semedo and Kilman (who looked defeated really early on, head down and looking at his most passive) and it's a recipe for disaster.

I thought Chiwome looked ok, good involvement in the equaliser and had a few moments where he got involved.

It's not often we are presented with the opportunity of a Wembley visit, and even more rarely that we have a lower league opponent to beat at home, and we blew it.

Side note: we've had a few poor games recently, hopefully it's due to a lack of Cunha and Neto instead of a regression to the team we saw at the start of the season.

Pretty much sums up how I’m feeling going to be that horrible feeling in the morning when you wake and you forget for split second then it all comes flooding back.
I know our league status is better than most but our FA cup experience in the last 5 years have been pretty heartbreaking

Also it's saved us all a few quid and the stress of getting tickets on that crappy system. :)

Didn’t get home from Wembley until 0130 last time out my sister lives in Manchester got back at 0300.
Wembley is great if you win I can only imagine but it’s horrible if you lose.

Some social media clowns asking why we never or asking why we can’t sign Simms.
He’s had 1 good game v us seriously.
Think it was Man City who signed Bradbury on the back of one explosive performance v Barnsley in 1997.

Last edited:
We’re at it again, it’s not about signing X or Y - it’s about signing fucking someone. People are buying into Fosun and Hobbs’ sob story about it being impossible.

Back