• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FIFA Confederations Cup 2017 Russia

It's Hoddle here, so you definitely have the better deal. You need to take me with you next time so I can translate and confirm that. I'm cheap.

This has been painful to watch.

Portugal do have this knack of sucking the life out of games. They were pretty good to watch in the group stage though and conned me into thinking they'd changed.

Blimey how close can you get!

Why do Portugal NEVER get done over by playing like that and conceding right at the death? They've all sold their soul at some point for that deal.

I can't believe I've seen Claudio Bravo make more saves in four minutes than he made in one season for City.

Bit them in the arse anyway. Good stuff from Bravo getting every one the right way.

Ronaldo didn't take a penalty the jerk (again). 3 of the worst penalties you'll see from Portugal. Nani's was a joke

Quaresma, Moutinho, and Nani all seemed to overcomplicate their run-ups, but they weren't awfully struck penalties and Bravo had them dead to rights pretty much from the off.

When the keeper saves 3 of 3 in a shootout I think you have to give him the credit rather than blame the takers.

It's a 50:50 choice when they are hit like that...

That's horribly oversimplifying things, don't you think?

No they were shocking penalties. It's marginally more impressive than flipping heads 3x in a row

So long as he goes the right way then he's always saving those. Awful penalties.

Not to take anything away from him but it's on the taker on all counts there.

Bollocks, you're being much too negative. Not every saved penalty is a bad one and not every scored penalty is a good one.

Agree to disagree, I've seen far, far worse pens than those three before.

Good to see Portugal out a painful side to watch in knockout football at times.

Ok, how is the keeper going the right way and NOT saving those? :icon_lol:

They're a perfect height and nowhere near the corner. Now if he goes the wrong way then you might go "oh that was really cool, just effortlessly stroked it in" but that would be bollocks.

If Rui Patricio saves Vidal's penalty somehow - now THAT would be a good save.

If we can agree that Chile's last two pens were equally bad, then I'll concede the argument.

I would agree. Like loads of SEB's penalties for us weren't very good, keepers were always very obliging though and dived out the way.

Back