• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FIFA Confederations Cup 2017 Russia

Down the middle is the best way, innit. I remember reading a piece once that keepers would almost always go one way or the other because of something called "indecision bias".

Basically, they get double pelters if they stand still and get beat than if they dive (rightly or wrongly) and get beat. Ergo, your best odds as the taker are to stick it down the middle.

I thought the second penalty was a good save but the other two were just rank penalties. You could see where they were going before they hit them.

I thought the Chile penalties were good, Vidal's was pure confidence and the other two made Patricio move early.

Bravo played better than I've ever seen him play for Citeh. Very odd.

Penalty taking is such a clusterfuck.

A lad I used to play football with was one of the worst strikers of a dead ball I can ever remember seeing first hand, scored every penalty I ever saw him take though even though they were all completely shit. It was like he just had some mindfuck ability on keepers, even when they guessed the right way his shitty scuffed shot would some how trickle underneath their body as they fell in slow motion.

Down the middle is the best way, innit. I remember reading a piece once that keepers would almost always go one way or the other because of something called "indecision bias".

Basically, they get double pelters if they stand still and get beat than if they dive (rightly or wrongly) and get beat. Ergo, your best odds as the taker are to stick it down the middle.

Nope, if a penalty taker hits it down the middle every time then the scouts would report that and the 'keeper would stand still. It's the variance and technique that are the difference.

Nope, if a penalty taker hits it down the middle every time then the scouts would report that and the 'keeper would stand still. It's the variance and technique that are the difference.

Guess those scouts never watched Sylvan, then?

Guess those scouts never watched Sylvan, then?

Certainly did. His penalty taking had variance and technique. Like Matk's mate they may have looked shit but they throw the 'keeper.

Look at the way Germans hit pens. In the main there's rarely a doubt in them. The doubt killed Portugal tonight.

I thought the second penalty was a good save but the other two were just rank penalties. You could see where they were going before they hit them.

I thought the Chile penalties were good, Vidal's was pure confidence and the other two made Patricio move early.

Bravo played better than I've ever seen him play for Citeh. Very odd.

He's a good keeper, just struggled in the Premier League this year. It happens with players. I think he'd do a lot better next season given the chance but I think he's more likely to play in the Champions League with Ederson the first choice in the league.

Mexico arguably the better side since the first ten minutes. Shambolic defending up to that point, though.

They have have had plenty of possession (and created a couple of half decent chances) but Germany are pretty comfortable I would say.

Werner could have had a couple by now. Probably should have had a penalty then mind

So, which pl club will buy Timo Werner from Leipzig?

Arsenal, instead of Lacazette?

They should have bought him off Stuttgart if they were that bothered.

He won't go anywhere for now as they have CL football.

Scored now too

Really, you dont think he wanna move on to a bigger club if other players do, like emil forsberg? I believe so, time will tell

Back