• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FIFA Confederations Cup 2017 Russia

Bit of a convenient draw in the end. Unless something really weird happens then both are heading through as a result.

Russia eliminated. Putin won't be happy.

Akinfeev's a dirty bastard.

So Chile ahead of Germany by a single goal. Both have to go for goals to top the group then as neither is going to lose (Germany v Cameroon and Chile v Australia).

Winner of the group will play Mexico on Thursday night. Runner up play Portugal on Wednesday. I guess you'd pick Mexico on paper but neither is the "easier" game IMO.

Well! I was expecting more from both Germany and Chile in this first half

and almost on cue, Australia lead

Awful defending from Chile there.

Top class finish from Troisi.

Should've had themselves a ridiculous head tennis second then.

Ter Stegen produced a really special save to keep Cameroon out just before halftime, too.

Both of these games more even than expected.

...and just as I say that...

Not impressed with Timo Werner at all, every time I watch him he looks very average. Massively overrated IMO.

What a fucking mess.

I think this tournament has shown the VAR needs a lot of work if they want to use it but it also shows that a massive part of the problem is that the standard of refereeing in general is poor.

Aboubakar scores, finally.

Commentators here talking about that making Newcastle happy? Has he signed for them? How did I miss that?

Not impressed with Timo Werner at all, every time I watch him he looks very average. Massively overrated IMO.

Odd isn't it as I think he's had a cracking game. Lovely player who finds space off the last man and has superb technique. A proper finisher.

Odd isn't it as I think he's had a cracking game. Lovely player who finds space off the last man and has superb technique. A proper finisher.

He had to score 2 as soon as I wrote that didn't he. The second was very well taken.

Portugal vs Chile should be good, Vargas has already showcased his Joe Mason-esque one on one finishing.

Back