• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham 0 - 3 Wolves Verdict thread

It's because in general it's pointless to lay such a big effect around one player.

Matt Hill had a fantastic PPG record and he was shite.

In general yes, I would say you can't take them in isolation (useful to look at though, and it's easy to discount obvious outliers like Matt Hill and his South Bank crosses). What I don't think is in question is that McDonald plays his best football when Price is next to him, and over the last two and a bit years we've generally only looked any good when McDonald has been playing well.

Like I've said before, it has to be Jack Price.

I know Afobe says he likes to be involved, but esp. in the second half, he's playing too deep. In the first half he got into some great positions, but his shots/headers were powder puff or off target. We've seen what he can do, so I'm sure his form will return, hopefully soon.

It's been asked, we can't do it because we're tied into the Football League's terrible long term deal. Fulham aren't.

Wondering if he's regretting the move now
Why would Stears be regretting it? the club sold him he didn't ask for the move. Was he regretting after the 4-0 stuffing they handed out the game before.
A bit of respect is only fair. There's mixed views but nobody ever said he didn't care,

While we cartwheel around at a great performance with 3 very nice goals. Let's remember it's just one game so come on the lads and let's have a few wins on the trot. Also KJ stick with Pricey for a few games then make your mind up. A good win on Saturday will ease the pressure on Kenny and the lads. Didn't see that coming from Ojo he's looked amazingly ordinary till then. I can smell the good times

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

DW you should send them stats to KJ guaranteed promotion 2points per game.

After watching the 90 minutes, I thought it was a really good performance. We passed the ball a lot quicker and we seemed to always have a man available, even before the sending off.
Hopefully the players will have lot more confidence going into the next game. Onward and upwards.

Just finished watching the game. Like night & day from the PNE performance. Very excited for Saturday now.

DW you should send them stats to KJ guaranteed promotion 2points per game.

He should already be aware of them.

I'd go as far to say that I'd seriously doubt Jackett's managerial credentials if he strayed away from the Macca/Price pairing now. We look so much better every time they play together.

Full 90 minute game here:

https://vimeo.com/140897525

In HD too - why can't we do this!?

Cheers for this link - particularly after my last nights problems with commentary feed.

Shows up our pathetic highlight attempts. Even Woking, where I went for a football fix in the 80's & couldn't afford the time or money to come up to Wolves, can manage 10min highlights for all league games & they are a semi pro conference side.

Hooray for Woking as they once knocked WBA out of the cup 4-2 I seem to remember

They did. We lost at home to Cambridge on the same day and we were utterly utterly crap on the day. I was standing on the South Bank. It was a miserable experience until I heard the Albion result, which slightly improved my mood. Not a lot, but a bit anyway.

Probably blew my whole megabite allocation for the month watching that, but Pricey is the linchpin AND HE WAS NEVER STRESSED FOR ONE MINUTE

unintentional caps lock but maybe KJ will read it so it's staying.

You can sign me up to the Jack Price fan club too. I've always been a fan. I'm not sure how much of my love for him is down to the beard though, it may be 60% beard, 40% football.

Just got round to watching the 90 minutes, enjoyed it, thought both teams tried to play good football, was very impressed with our passing and movement for the first 30 minutes, we actually got a bit sloppy after the sending off. Also thought the team looked very well balanced, we must keep the basis of this side and tactics in future.

Back