• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham 0 - 3 Wolves Verdict thread

JoH substitution near the end, so he got his own little ovation from the Wolves fans was comedy gold. Must have been a very humiliating 10m walk. What was the Fulham manager thinking!

Remember when McIndoe was at Bristol C and he got subbed at Molineux after about 88 mins and he had to walk from the Steve Bull Stand side of the pitch. Don't think he enjoyed that moment.

We just look a much better team with Price in it - really can;t understand why KJ keeps wanting to upgrade him

We just look a much better team with Price in it - really can;t understand why KJ keeps wanting to upgrade him

And to think what £3m could've been spent on instead of 2 defensive midfielders.

And to think what £3m could've been spent on instead of 2 defensive midfielders.

I like Coady though and we do need decent back up / alternative for a midfield 3. Haven't seen enough of Saville to know what he is.

Liking Coady is one thing but improving the team is another. We really didn't need Coady, Rowe should be able to fill that role as should Saville. Neither have impressed but as you say they haven't really been given the chance.

Why the obsession to replace Price I don't know.

I'd have been happy with a scrappy 1-0 win, but to put on a good performance, win convincingly and be talking about which winger to play on Saturday - in a positive way - is really rather bloody marvellous.

Great stuff - let's follow it up with 3 points on Saturday, when 7 from 9 starts to look pretty bloody good.

The importance of getting your best selection of players out on the field has never been so illustrated, just stick with this selection please Ken.

Liking Coady is one thing but improving the team is another. We really didn't need Coady, Rowe should be able to fill that role as should Saville. Neither have impressed but as you say they haven't really been given the chance.

Why the obsession to replace Price I don't know.

Coady could offer you good options off the bench particularly if the oppositions midfield are running the show. He could be used high up the pitch to disrupt the opponents play maker in similar ways to what other sides have done to Kevin McDonald.

Were the wide men (Ojo/ Henry/ Byrne) pushed onto their full backs YW or did they drop in more as a players in front of our full backs, more as wide midfielders than wingers?

Price doesn't need upgrading if McDonald plays how it appears he did last night. It's when they hold hands in front of the defence in a 2 we have a problem. We played against a team going 442 last night. It's when we have two up top (or one just behind) and the opposition have the extra man in midfield that they both drop deep to prevent us from being overrun that we have had a problem. I can see why KJ looked to bring a more mobile option in for Price, but if this turns into a bit of a run now then that's 3 years running that will have happened by bringing Price into the team and therefore not a coincidence

Price doesn't need upgrading if McDonald plays how it appears he did last night. It's when the hold hands in front of the defence in a 2 we have a problem. We played against a team going 442 last night. It's when we have two up top (or one just behind) and the opposition have the extra man in midfield that they both drop deep to prevent us from being overrun that we have had a problem. I can see why KJ looked to bring a more mobile option in for Price, but if this turns into a bit of a run now then that's 3 years running that will have happened by bringing Price into the team and therefore not a coincidence

I suppose Kenny Jackett would be continually monitoring the positions taken up by Ross McCormack and his influence on the game. I also think Danny Batth passes better than people realise into Jack Price.

To start with I felt the came in quite narrow. Byrne especially as he likes to check out and then come back in and he would set the ball to Price /McDonald who would then move us up the field. We played some nice stuff through the middle first half, that said our best chances still probably came from wide areas. Henry naturally came in from the left hand side.

Once Ojo was brought on, and Henry switched to the right we really began to stretch them and for that reason that substitution was excellent. FUlham came out with two lines of four behind Dembele, McCormack down the right and Pringle on the left, whereas before they played more of a narrow shape with Cairney and Pringle either side of McCormack.Those two (Pringle and McCormack) were dragged quite wide because of the way our left side and right sided players were getting into advanced positions, leaving more space in the middle for Price and McDonald.

I really didn't expect much, I expected the lack of confidence plus the distraction of off field events to really undermine us to the extent I was out for a mates birthday and wasn't checking the score every twenty minutes and only checked when I got in this morning, as i was convinced to an extent we wouldn't get a result well done to the lads, and Kenny for really stepping up (and proving me wrong). It's only one step so far but they've taken it and another good performance on Saturday and we can hopefully announce "we're back" and get amongst em. Really proud of em this morning.

Isn't it funny how quick the mood changes on a football forum with one win?

Isn't it funny how quick the mood changes on a football forum with one win?

Only worried about potential implications of Morgan doing one and he hasn't yet and they might turn out to be for the better - he can fuck off tomorrow for me in that case.

After last 20 minutes at Preston I felt a performance was coming (Ojo in particular) and it brings back the feel good factor looking forward to the next match

I asked that very question at the FP this time last year. Got a standard "stuck in our web-provider shit contract" response as I remember.

Must be the longest fucking contract ever.

Back