• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

It is usually more like I know I have a direct debit going out and must leave enough in to cover that, and then a chunk more goes out a day later that puts me in the crap.

Same here. Although my statement has a section showing pending payments. Top of the screen I have balance and below it the available balance.

Pad I'm certainly not taking the piss but you will have to change your stance down the line as you wont have much choice.

Hopefully change is slow enough that it won’t be an issue. Otherwise I think I will struggle forever with it. Born in the wrong century me.

Usually this is the sort of thing I'd moan about having to read, but this summer I am happy to take any content.

Hopefully change is slow enough that it won’t be an issue. Otherwise I think I will struggle forever with it. Born in the wrong century me.

You must be nearly 15 years younger than me! Don't be blaming being a technophobe on when you were born, I love the new technology :icon_lol:

I do have a Monzo card and it is brilliant for holiday spending and spending on a budget. It's easy to get with no credit checks and you can only spend what you put on it. It's as good as carrying cash around

You can all take the piss. I don’t care. They won’t have a penny from me having gone cashless. This makes my method of budgeting infinitely more problematic so the solution is to not buy from them.

I don't think anyone is taking the piss mate. People are happy to present options for you if you're willing to look into them, but you've seemingly nailed your colours to the mast, and that's completely your call.

I don’t use apps or internet banking.

Jees get with the times Grandad ;)

I discovered contactless on my phone a year or two ago and love it. Makes paying for things so much easier and quicker which will lead to queues going down a lot. Great on the whole but i have sympathy for Paddy in terms of them scrapping cash altogether. They should probably offer both to at least allow the old duffers time to acclimatise.

The only time mine is slow to show is when I use contactless (at least on the current balance) but even then my available balance usually shows the transaction. Who do you bank with?

As Darlo said: Monzo are brilliant. Highly recommend.

This is going in circles. I am not changing the way I do things . Technology is hideous and terrifying. I can’t help it but it is.

Would it help to think of contactless as an infinite cheque book that works instantly?

Unrelated, but anyone got any tips for cheap currency exchange? Had a exchange rate friendly credit card in the past, just wondering if that was still my best option?

Unrelated, but anyone got any tips for cheap currency exchange? Had a exchange rate friendly credit card in the past, just wondering if that was still my best option?

Revolut or anything similar. Get inter-bank exchange rates. Can top up instantly with Apple Pay, can leave money on there, Can take it off. Just check where your going accepts it first, otherwise you may end of using your bank card (which is still cheaper than going to a currency exchange for cash).

I use a Halifax clarity card - gets genuine interbank rate and no interest on card payments for the first month. Used it around the world for work and holidays and it's always been spot on.

I use a Halifax clarity card - gets genuine interbank rate and no interest on card payments for the first month. Used it around the world for work and holidays and it's always been spot on.

Yeah, that's what I used last time I went abroad.

Can see why they've added contactless of course but don't know why they've had to get rid of cash completely, meh.

Can see why they've added contactless of course but don't know why they've had to get rid of cash completely, meh.
Company we gave the contract to want it that way and it's their gig. Speeds up serving, removes mistakes made when giving change and from a security view point, zero cash to be stolen.

In Spain the locals don't tip IME. In the UK tipping is discretionary. However up until a few years ago in the UK it was common practice in pubs for barstaff to be 'treated' to a drink by customers.

First drink I buy in the RL before a match I always get the server a drink...it's amazing how much quicker I get served later on.

Revolut or anything similar. Get inter-bank exchange rates. Can top up instantly with Apple Pay, can leave money on there, Can take it off. Just check where your going accepts it first, otherwise you may end of using your bank card (which is still cheaper than going to a currency exchange for cash).

Will take a look, cheers!

Back