• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

If you see an aerial shot of it, the stand was about as big a half of the pitch. Monstrous! I was in the far top left corner.
Breathtaking when you approach it for the first time. Walked under the ring road and was confronted by a 30 foot corrugated stand....
But when you got in the whole thing lit up by floodlights, the emerald green pitch and over the north bank lay the lights of Staffordshire, like being in a plane coming in to refuel at Damascus.
Molineux at night was un unforgettable first impression.

I took a friend who was on my law degree. He was a Barnsley fan. Told him to keep trap shut and we walked at the top of the south bank for a night game. It was very special

I took a friend who was on my law degree. He was a Barnsley fan. Told him to keep trap shut and we walked at the top of the south bank for a night game. It was very special
The first time I ever went to Molineux was on the South Bank in 1953. It was just like in the photo, overcrowded and boisterous, but a fantastic atmosphere. I was just behind the net at the South Bank end and remember vividly Johnny Hancocks breaking the opposing goalie's fingers as he tried to stop his thunderbolt strike from close range. The shot almost broke the net! Magnificent memories of those days when Wolves were THE team in Europe and the old first division. I'm convinced that Wolves will reach those heights again in the next five years.

I see that Arsenal are reported as having shipped out on loan to Norwich Marquinhos the player from Sao Paulo they pickpocketed from us. Apparently we were planning to send him to Grasshoppers before he was stolen from our grasp.

I was 9 - had no real recollection & you are asking which road?

From memory (though that can be fallible) was the one with triangular roofing peaks.
we're the same age mate so you must know the difference between Waterloo Road and Molineux Street !

Dawson and Neves in Crook's team of the week.

And this is some going by Garth, managing a whole 7 words that are relevant to Neves, before spending the entire rest of the paragraph waffling about Liverpool (which he'd already alluded to in the Dawson write up)

Ruben Neves (Wolves)​

This was another excellent performance from Neves against a Liverpool side that seemed to be lacking in every department. What on earth has happened to Joe Gomez, Thiago and Naby Keita? Trent Alexander-Arnold and Andy Robertson's recent lack of form is also most worrying, while forwards Darwin Nunez and Mo Salah hardly had a kick. I'm beginning to think Nunez is suffering from stage fright. Clubs don't come much bigger than Liverpool and the pressure can be enormous. Nunez is really struggling in front of goal.

Neves had an excellent game but he wasn't even our best midfielder.

As ever, if you score and/or assist then Garth will pick you, if not then it's probably tough luck.
Astounded he still has a job - he's absolutely useless. Garth, not Neves.

Neves had an excellent game but he wasn't even our best midfielder.

As ever, if you score and/or assist then Garth will pick you, if not then it's probably tough luck.
This happened quite often in our first PL season under Nuno. Neves got the TV plaudits and was brilliant, but he wasn't our best midfielder most games or over the season.

I'm hopeful the BBC felt they couldn't lose Lawrenson and Crooks in one summer window so they're doing it slow and steady.

Was that Lawrenson on the side of the pitch pre-match on Saturday? Looked a right miserable fucker.

I'm hopeful the BBC felt they couldn't lose Lawrenson and Crooks in one summer window so they're doing it slow and steady.
BBC know Crooks is a fuckwit but they also get lots of social media hits when he posts his drivel every week.

Back