• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Giro d'Italia / Tour de France

Alaphillipe has gone pop early on the climb.

Kruijswijk is the fly in the ointment now. His presence will stop Thomas attacking Bernal sadly.

Congratulations to Egan Bernal. Brilliant over the whole race. Thomas gets second and raises Bernal's arm as they cross the line in the end of the stage.

Nibali was ace to win the stage. Nothing wrong with a bit of a shark attack.

Poor Alaphillipe has totally blown and is going to lose nearly three minutes today.

Congratulations to Egan Bernal. Brilliant over the whole race. Thomas gets second and raises Bernal's arm as they cross the line in the end of the stage.

Nibali was ace to win the stage. Nothing wrong with a bit of a shark attack.

Poor Alaphillipe has totally blown and is going to lose nearly three minutes today.

Had Thomas for the stage win today, but Alaphilippe blowing early seemed to reduce the intensity of the pursuit of Nibali.

Good stage albeit a short one. Made tactics interesting and good to see the shark attack and win.

Brad Wiggins hasn't really got the comms quite right yet. Probably not a good idea to say "this champagne is shit" on live TV

Brad Wiggins hasn't really got the comms quite right yet. Probably not a good idea to say "this champagne is shit" on live TV
He's very Kelly Holmes, broadcasters want to employ him based on his career, but it's uncomfortable to listen to.

He's very Kelly Holmes, broadcasters want to employ him based on his career, but it's uncomfortable to listen to.

He's been OK as a pundit but compared to Millar and the others he's not got the same eloquence.

He comes off as an arrogant unlikable cock which isn't helping.

I really like him. Been listening to his Eurosport podcast, and maybe he comes across a bit more genuinely on that. He clearly loves the sport and has some really good insight imo.

First few days of the Vuelta have been interesting. No particular British interest this year, but the parcours looks fascinating. Definitely a race to keep an eye on.

Delightful weather in this summit finish has destroyed most of the pictures. Vicious thunderstorm and hail

Froome to leave Ineos ahead of the Tour de France? That would make it essential viewing, to see whether he was back to pre-Dauphine form and also whether his legend was borne mainly of Sky's squad or actually his own abilities.

He obviously isn't going to be king of the Ineos castle with Thomas Bernal and Carapaz there as well. A possible move to replace Quintana at Movistar would be interesting.

I don't see who else would take him. Jumbo Visma are stacked to the gunnels with talent, Bahrain McLaren have put staff on reduced pay so meeting his salary might be a problem and Landa's already there, CCC are in the shit because the title sponsor is pulling out at the end of the season and I can't for a minute see AG2R or FdJ taking him on and eclipsing their French roster.

I see the Tour of Britain, which was scheduled for later than the Tour de France has been cancelled. I really can't see how "Le Tour" can go ahead in August.

If there is one thing the French government will move heaven and earth to have on, its the tour.

I see the Tour of Britain, which was scheduled for later than the Tour de France has been cancelled. I really can't see how "Le Tour" can go ahead in August.

I don't either. How do you shut an entire route?

Froome to Israel Start-up Nation from 2021. I wonder if he'll do a mid-season swap in time for the TdF?

Israel look like a decent team being put together. Dan Martin is there as well.

Wonder how he feels, given that the move was originally a sideways step but one with potential as the team wasn't elite level until Katusha went pop? A handy super-domestique for Froome though.

Also, what if he doesn't move in August, how will Ineos manage him? Pick him for the Tour as one of three with Bernal and Thomas and/but not support him fully? Leave one of Bernal or Thomas out? Not select him at all (but too late to switch teams) and deal with the furore? It could go the way of Movistar with their trident of Quintana, Landa and Valverde and all go to shit and/or Froome may echo 2012 and go rogue. Interesting times ahead.

So, is Froome hiding his form or is he absolutely fucked? Shedding time in all races so far but also publishing data showing monstrous power outputs.

Back