• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

How long has Corbyn got left?

I don't care what the politics of the chosen candidate are. All I want is someone who stands a chance of winning an election. I won't hold my breath.

They need a leader who would support voting reform in some way, and be willing to sit down with the LD and Green leaders in my opinion. Jess Phillips is one of those.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

They need a leader who would support voting reform in some way, and be willing to sit down with the LD and Green leaders in my opinion. Jess Phillips is one of those.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Absolutely this.

There's no chance it will be Phillips.

Yeah- Momentum's still got a stranglehold, and she's been too outspoken against Corbyn for too long for them to let her past.

It's going to be Long-Bailey- reheated Corbynite leftovers, with even less charisma. Joy.

Nothing to do with Momentum, quite a few joined Labour since 2015 who aren't Momentum members; they won't vote for Phillips due to her track record and that centralism isn't the answer right now.

Nothing to do with Momentum, quite a few joined Labour since 2015 who aren't Momentum members; they won't vote for Phillips due to her track record and that centralism isn't the answer right now.

Why do they think centralism isn't the answer?

Starmer could work as deputy or shadow chancellor/home sec. I'd like Clive Lewis to come back in too.

Yep Change UK and the Lib Dems have shown us the nation is crying out for a 'centrist' political party.

Bear in mind that we're talking about Jess Phillips here- would she really fit into those merry bands of ex-Tories?

A centrist of the Labour party is a very different thing.

They are in the wilderness for the next 5 yrs anyway so have time to have at least 3 changes before we get to another election.

If they get it wrong again this time it probably doesn't make much difference - they can have another go before it matters.

Talk is Rayner has stepped aside for Long-Bailey. Bad move IMO.

There is barely anyone I can think of in the Labour Party, that might be in the running, that has the perceived intelligence or gravitas to become P.M.
What a shambles they are.
I still think they will splinter into two parties.

There is barely anyone I can think of in the Labour Party, that might be in the running, that has the perceived intelligence or gravitas to become P.M.

Rayner would be great. Clive Lewis. Starmer would do as a deputy.

I don't think they'll split as almost all the 500k members are on the same page versus about 80 MPs. They're welcome to go and form a new party but we've seen how that ends.

We've also seen how having a leader that fails to connect with the wider electorate works. The Labour Party was hijacked in 2015, it's the Momentum crowd who are the outliers in terms of the way the country thinks, not the more moderate MP's.

I've wondered that too

A lefty Momentum version of labour and a more central "new labour"

We've also seen how having a leader that fails to connect with the wider electorate works. The Labour Party was hijacked in 2015, it's the Momentum crowd who are the outliers in terms of the way the country thinks, not the more moderate MP's.

I read a lot of these opinions yet the evidence doesn't suggest there is a demand for some sort of 'centrist' party - whatever that might look like. The problem in this election was Brexit and people thinking Corbyn was a twat. The policies are popular.

I read a lot of these opinions yet the evidence doesn't suggest there is a demand for some sort of 'centrist' party - whatever that might look like. The problem in this election was Brexit and people thinking Corbyn was a twat. The policies are popular.
The policies weren't really tested because of the first two reasons you identify. Both main parties threw policies out of nowhere during the campaign Waspi women, BBC license fees etc.

What is fact is that the only elections Labour have won in 45 years have been on a centre left platform

Back