• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Hull City 2 - 3 Wolves: Something about getting too excited...

Alan

…unlucky Del - No chance 😉
Reaction score
9 from 9 and you can't really ask for anything else.

I'd love to smugly shake all the pundits' hands who were on about our team not gelling or whatever.

Have at it.

I can save a job all player ratings a 9 cracking game we look like a premier league team.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

As I said on the comms: beat Cardiff on Saturday (and come away with no injuries - Warnock team after all) and I'll really start to believe.

We've still got Costa to add to this. It's fucking ridiculous, frankly.

a bit sloppy late on second half at times but a great start to the season

Great start to the season. Now for Cardiff and an in form ex player in Mendez laing. Time to put that to rest too.

wonder what dirty tricks Warnock has planned ?

They'll probably come and put ten men behind the ball to be honest.

As I say, we are suddenly clear favourites for this. Amazing. The penalty is a right shame as we had bossed that late period and taken the sting out in a top flight team way. APART from that I am utterly ecstatic.

Win on Saturday and we are flying.

I will hold my hands up and admit that when the fixtures were released I thought we would struggle to get a point out of our first three games. It just shows what I know.

Well played Wolves.

If this is work in progress I can't imagine what the finished article looks like.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Definitely the hardest of the three league games so far I think - Hull twigged that the best way to ruffle us was to close us down fast, make us have to release the ball quickly, and inevitably start making errors. Their problem was that a) they weren't good enough to then take that possession and turn it into something meaningful with only a couple of exceptions, and b) they didn't have the legs to keep that up for more than about half an hour. The last 15 minutes, including injury time, were a replay of the end of the Derby match, with the other team chasing shadows.

Also encouraging that the two goals we conceded were a lucky deflection and a very, very soft penalty. In open play we *really* don't offer up many chances for opposition teams, and Ruddy has so far been up to the task of blocking the few serious chances we have given away.

Was a very solid team performance, hard to pick out any one specific player for MOTM, but for me it's between Enobakhare or Neves I think.

Fantastic result, not conceded from open play yet, though came mighty close a couple of times tonight.
Looking forward to my first game of the season on Saturday. It'll be a tough test as Warnock always sets up his teams to frustrate us and be difficult to beat.

It's not as if these are lucky wins either. We're beating some of the best in the Championship very convincingly.

I thought the ref was poor, gave some very strange decisions. Why did he yellow card Cav?

Definitely the hardest of the three league games so far I think - Hull twigged that the best way to ruffle us was to close us down fast, make us have to release the ball quickly, and inevitably start making errors. Their problem was that a) they weren't good enough to then take that possession and turn it into something meaningful with only a couple of exceptions, and b) they didn't have the legs to keep that up for more than about half an hour. The last 15 minutes, including injury time, were a replay of the end of the Derby match, with the other team chasing shadows.

Also encouraging that the two goals we conceded were a lucky deflection and a very, very soft penalty. In open play we *really* don't offer up many chances for opposition teams, and Ruddy has so far been up to the task of blocking the few serious chances we have given away.

Was a very solid team performance, hard to pick out any one specific player for MOTM, but for me it's between Enobakhare or Neves I think.

Agree with summary about Hull's tactics. I watched the last 20 mins and Hull pressed us back in our own half, and we looked leggy and did resort to offloading the ball quickly, however, it's noticeable how much more intelligent our play is, compared to previous seasons. We've got men running into little pockets of space, to provide outlets and passing options etc. We're not afraid to take a touch when clearing our lines too, Boly is sooooo good at that. Compared to Batth whose first reaction was always to hoof it, Boly is happy to play a dummy or take a touch and calmly pass it back to keeper or play a short 1 2 to take the pressure off.

Great stuff. Now the long trip home. Woah woah Ivan.....

fantastic, great from fosun to get nuno in..and with him and Mendes contacts access to loads of quality players(and staff dont forget)...well done Fosun and i really like to see some of our "old" players developing asweil and actually playing very good football..we are clearly on the right track now..and very good youngsters too and u23

Not going to get carried away just yet but I couldn't have hoped for a better start.
We've put away two sides expected to be up there this season and that'll probably come in the top half.
Cardiffs 3 wins have come against Burton Sheffield Utd and a piss poor Villa team.

Neves, Boly and Douglas the stand outs for me.

Even the doc looks comfortable on the ball! I'd still put Marshall in there though.

There were times in the second half where we having to defend but the 3 centre halves always means we have a spare man (if Boly doesn't just deal with it :) )

Bonatini was quiet, it might be a fitness thing so hopefully that will change. That said having a sticky centre forward would not be a bad thing.

Very good result, you could see Hull were trying incredibly hard and did not want to lose to us but all they had was endeavour. They didn't really cut us open, we should be better at defending set pieces though.

Back