• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Hull City (A) build up 15/8/17

Lycan

Jeff Shi's Bitch
Reaction score
Another tough game, the fabled 'cold Tuesday night in Hull'. After the roasting we gave Derby I'm tempted to come down for this. Hull smashed Burton 4-1 and drew with Villa on the opening day so they're looking strong.

Ruddy

Miranda Coady Boly

Doherty Neves Saiss Douglas

Enobakhare Cavaleiro Jota

SUBS: Norris, Batth, Bennett, Ronan, Bonatini, Price, Dicko​

It wouldn't surprise me to see Cav and Dicko come in for Leo and Jota. Jota put a lot of work in against Derby and looked knackered when he came off.

They'll be in for training today, then travel up to Hull tomorrow I guess? No rest for the wicked.

Nuno said in his post match interview that they would be training again today.

Having kept the same side as against Boro with similar results I would only make changes if any of them are fatigued.

Given the reports on Dicko from Saturday, would be surprised if he started. Love the way Nuno has them in for training today

I doubt training today would be a hard session for those who played yesterday, indeed don't we always come in on Sunday's for 'warm downs'?

8 players pick themselves on current form, the only question mark is the make up of the front three. I have a feeling he may rest Jota and bring Cavaleiro in to play with Bright and Leo.

This will be a very good test for the defence and out of possession shape.

Same team for me, unless fatigue sets in for anyone in the front three. Cav to be first choice replacement, then Dicko. Be interesting to see if Graham is back on the bench.

Same team for me, unless fatigue sets in for anyone in the front three. Cav to be first choice replacement, then Dicko. Be interesting to see if Graham is back on the bench.

Could be useful having Graham on the bench because the energy levels of the wing backs could falter second half at Hull, maybe not enough recovery time from Derby.

No issues with Cav coming in for Jota if the latter is knackered. Wouldn't mess with the rest yet. I know the games come thick & fast etc, but it would be great to keep the momentum up early doors.

I reckon it will be Cav in for Leo and that will be it.

Pop Graham on the bench and we have some options to refresh the front 3 from 60 mins onwards

From Timbo

Dave Edwards misses tomorrow's game at Hull with a injury picked up in training yesterday.

Not sure how we are going to cope.

From Timbo

Dave Edwards misses tomorrow's game at Hull with a injury picked up in training yesterday.

Not sure how we are going to cope.

With a little luck he is in talks with Shrewsbury, its just his pride thats hurt.

He seems so level-headed whenever I hear him talking; he draws me in and brings me on-board with his ideas of how he wants the team to perform and to work hard, to play as a team, not individuals; and how he wants to entertain the supporters and get them fully behind what he and the team are trying to achieve. Time will tell how his tenure at the helm for Wolves will be viewed, but you certainly can't fault the man or the team for the start they have made.

With games coming around quickly, I wonder whether the squad will be utilised. will some of our new players find three games in a week in the championship tough going?

Yes and probably yes.

Yeah we may see some changes but I'd hope not at the level that Zenga did last year!

I could see Bonatini being rested tomorrow and Jota on Saturday or vice vesa. Cav could effectively start in either role.

Back