• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leicester (A) build up thread

Lycan

Proud Resident of Coventry
Reaction score
Patrício

Bennett Coady Boly

Jonny Moutinho Neves Vinagre

Costa Raúl Jota

SUBS: Ruddy, Dendoncker, Saïss, Doherty, Gibbs-White, Bonatini, Traoré/Cavaleiro/Enobakhare*

*depending on injuries

So excited for this, first away day of the season and I fancy us to take all 3 points

Leicester 1-2 Wolves (Vardy; Raúlito, Costa)

I would switch Jonny to the right and play Vinagre on the left, Doherty can fuck off. Do we have any idea how long Cav and Traore are out for?

Think this will be a draw, 1-1.

Agree with your team, except Dendoncker for Bennett - he did nothing wrong yesterday, but we need Dendonckers better passing and control to speed up our movement of the ball from the back.

I've got a nagging feeling that when Dendoncker comes in it'll be at Coady's expense.

I don’t think Nuno will destroy Doherty’s confidence after one game by dropping him.

It’ll be the same team.

I don’t think Nuno will destroy Doherty’s confidence after one game by dropping him.

It’ll be the same team.

I dunno.

I think Nuno will be doing whatever he needs for the Greater Good.

Can't be dropping coady after one game, he was superb last season and is the heart of the team.

Can't be dropping coady after one game, he was superb last season and is the heart of the team.
Depends on where they see Dendoncker fitting in. His passing range is very similar to Codes, he's technically a much better footballer and a better defender.

I love Coady as much as the next Wolves fan but there's no room for sentimentality here.

Think you’re been a bit harsh on Doherty, I don’t think he had too bad a game.

I’d imagine it will be the same starting eleven, but hopefully have a stronger bench.

Patrício

Bennett Coady Boly

Doherty Dendoncker Neves Jonny

Cavaleiro Raúl Jota

Assuming Cav is fit.

Think you’re been a bit harsh on Doherty, I don’t think he had too bad a game.

I’d imagine it will be the same starting eleven, but hopefully have a stronger bench.

No Doherty didn't have a really bad game (not a great one either) but we know his crossing is poor & too often (especially in the second half when they were down to 10) he turned back & refed Bennett which allowed Everton to get back in shape which closed off opportunities.

Suspect that we won't go for massive changes, but Dendocker will have had a weeks intensive training with the squad & will then depend on the fitness of Cav & Traore

Would still like Vinagre to get a start on the left with Jonny moving to the right at some point and see whether that improves us (Vinagre was lively when he came on yesterday)

No Doherty didn't have a really bad game (not a great one either) but we know his crossing is poor & too often (especially in the second half when they were down to 10) he turned back & refed Bennett which allowed Everton to get back in shape which closed off opportunities.

Suspect that we won't go for massive changes, but Dendocker will have had a weeks intensive training with the squad & will then depend on the fitness of Cav & Traore

Would still like Vinagre to get a start on the left with Jonny moving to the right at some point and see whether that improves us (Vinagre was lively when he came on yesterday)

We’ll have to see what he’s like on the right, but Jonny doesn’t really get forward at all so not sure why it would be an improvement.

We’ll have to see what he’s like on the right, but Jonny doesn’t really get forward at all so not sure why it would be an improvement.

Possibly not (only seen him in one game so far) but he is better defensively & Everton got their success down that side & at least tries to negate that. Vinagre gives us a more attacking outlet on the left & happier with him having Boly behind him (even though he started out playing in second gear as if he was still in the Championship - he got his head together later on & am sure that he can get to the level required)

Finding the criticism of Jonny quite strange. Thought he had a good game yesterday, proper footballer. Just because he can't tie his opposition full back in knots like Vinagre doesn't mean he can't get forward.

Patrício

Bennett Coady Boly

Jonny Moutinho Neves Vinagre

Costa Raúl Jota

SUBS: Ruddy, Dendoncker, Saïss, Doherty, Gibbs-White, Bonatini, Traoré/Cavaleiro/Enobakhare*

*depending on injuries

So excited for this, first away day of the season and I fancy us to take all 3 points

Leicester 1-2 Wolves (Vardy; Raúlito, Costa)

I agree with all of this

It'll be the same team with Dendoncker, Cav and Traore all on the bench for Bright, Hause and MGW fitness permitting.

Reserving judgement on Jonny right now, don't know what to make of him. Everton were quiet down their right but then I think that was mainly because Silva wanted them to target our right side knowing it was much weaker, and Theo Walcott was very poor.

Back