• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ipswich 3-2 Wolves Verdict Thread

"They move too much!"

"But that's not the worst of it...there's the craziness.."
"If the goal mouth never moves, why should players?"

The game is simple ay

I'd love to know what he was saying to the players as they returned to the centre circle after Toti scored and he looked like he was playing Give Us A Clue. Give us fucking strength more like.

Looked ok up to that point then turned to utter dogshit therefter.

GoN not a premiership manager. A fair amount of the squad not good enough or suitable for premiership football. Backroom team not good enough. There may be trouble ahead 🎼

Yeah GON can get GON. Too much talent for these performances.

Just on the way back now and i’d sack him tonight after that. Just tactically inept with a team who have no direction. Decent start until McKenna changed what Ipswich were doing, started to pull Traore and Doyle out of midfield and isolate our back 3. It needed a 3rd man in midfield as soon as they got back in to it and the back 3 wasn’t working. Subs were baffling and made us worse.

Bentley - Human sieve. Nowhere near Sa. Can’t pass out still and doesn’t make saves.

Jonny - Just looks broken, can’t do what he used to and looks uncomfortable.

Bueno - Good at attacking set pieces but looked rusty. Going to be booked a lot on that looking and will struggle against pace.

Toti - Absolute bombscare. Can’t remember one thing he did right.

Doc - Movement in the final third is good but no quality on the ball and still can’t defend.

Bueno - Average really, at least he’s comfortable on the ball.

Traore - Started well but then got pulled all over the place and he’s got 2 yellows written all over him.

Doyle - Looked a class above for 20 minutes then they pressed him and he shrunk. Started to give the ball away and overran and then cramp did for him.

Sarabia - He’s good technically with space but as soon as he hasn’t got that he just gets bullied.

Sasa - Looked pissed off. When we got the ball in to his chest/feet he held it up, shame most stuff was clipped over his head.

Hwang - Genuinely one of our best players at the minute. Works hard, makes great runs, can finish and looks comfortable on the ball now. Felt sorry for him playing with that lot tonight.

All the subs made no difference but Gomes was appalling in his 10 minutes. Imagine flogging Fraser like that too, fucking imbecile. No way should he be manager tomorrow, he’s just tactically inept and we have no style of play.

Ipswich fan in peace here - had many good trips up to Molinuex late 80's / early 90's, you are a good club.
Obviously very pleased to go through, never expected to win with all those changes and that team but I thought we competed and played well as you looked excellent first 10-15 minutes.

Whoever signed off on Gary O'Neil needs their head testing - he is a pure novice. He needs time to learn the trade down the ladder, not on the job at a club like Wolves. It looks like the players aren't playing for him and O'Neil just sat there without a clue all second half. I hope you stay clear of McKenna as he is too good for us I fear.

Best of luck this season and hopefully we see you in the top flight.
Nice one Tractor Boy. Spot on GON should never even got a whiff of the job at Wolves. Shows what a shit show it's been since Nuno left. Ironic, Shi (our chairman) finally got the man he wanted, even before Nuno, in Lopetegui, and then not back him. Only Wolves. Good luck to Ipswich. You do belong in the PL, as do we, but I fear with this mug in charge, we're destined for the Chump again.

I don't think this line of defence is going down particularly well with the fans

More creating a club in disarray narrative. The Summer under Lopetegui was a mess, but we didnt sack him, he didn't go because the on field situation was fucked, but O'Neill says this in every interview and doubles down harder in the next.
Wonder how quickly the "acceptance" stage comes around and he realises he's out of his depth?

Back