• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Is Bruno Lage A Good Manager Or Should He Go?

Back him or sack him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that blows my mind still about covid is that we signed Fabio in September 2020 (rather than any players that would have actually helped Nuno evolve our play), everyone at the club was well aware about covid and what it was by then.

Proper Sliding Doors moment that signing
oh for sure, 35 million on that and 51 million for Haaland.....something doesn't add up

On summer plans: "We are working so hard with Scott (Sellars) and Matt Hobbs. We need to have solutions. We have more than one plan for every position. If we buy a player for £10m/£15m it's hard to turn down an offer for three or four times that."

So basically we are looking to sell high value players and replace them with cheaper ones.

Edit: Or I may have read that wrong and he's saying if we can get 3 to 4 times the purchase price of a player we'll let him go. I can only think of Neves as we'll get nowhere near that for anyone else.
RAN too maybe?

I'm trying my best to be balanced about Bruno, and I'm not usually too fussed by what he says, but some of what he's come out with lately seems pretty condescending to the players, especially when you consider his lack of managerial experience, and that the fact that the bulk of our squad are fairly comfortable PL players, and managed to be so for a few years before he came on the scene.

If some of them need a kick up the arse, do it in private

I'm trying my best to be balanced about Bruno, and I'm not usually too fussed by what he says, but some of what he's come out with lately seems pretty condescending to the players, especially when you consider his lack of managerial experience, and that the fact that the bulk of our squad are fairly comfortable PL players, and managed to be so for a few years before he came on the scene.

If some of them need a kick up the arse, do it in private
Agreed, the public kicking he gave Hoever might have been acceptable if it was an isolated incident (and if Hoever was particularly at fault - he may well have been), but there have been 3 or 4 of these now, and it doesn't sit well with me. Particularly with how precious football players can be.

re the "grow up" I'd have to see it spoken within the context. we're arguing over how he meant it and we're native speakers. I'm not sure what the phrasing would be in portuguese, but it doesn't immediately make me think he's being dismissive of the players.

if he is though, then yes, that might be a bit telling as to where the locker room is under his leadership. and an oddly self-damning thing to say, given the generally strong team spirit and cohesion over the last few years.

Last edited:
oh for sure, 35 million on that and 51 million for Haaland.....something doesn't add up
Yes, it's Haaland's fee as it isn't £51M - it's £85M. The £51M figure is just the part that's going to Borussia Dortmund - the rest is going to agents.

Yes, it's Haaland's fee as it isn't £51M - it's £85M. The £51M figure is just the part that's going to Borussia Dortmund - the rest is going to agents.
With all the addons, agents fee, his dads fee and the actual transfer fee etc it amounts to around 140 million.

He's portuguese though, so his meaning will be different from yours. I take it as grow up = going to the next level/progressing
Not really.

If someone said to you that you need to grow up, would you not think they were insulting you

There are more than enough reasons to be critical of Bruno without wondering whether he was having a go at the players. For what it’s worth I do t think he is, I don’t think even he is that stupid as it’s Saunders level of stupidity if it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back