• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Is Bruno Lage A Good Manager Or Should He Go?

Back him or sack him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it telling that the Wolves App has no interview from clueless, interviews from Neves, Killman and a Match Report usually it has a load of bullshit from clueless

Most media outlets reporting that his job is in serious doubt now. One of two things he’ll be gone tomorrow morning or he’ll be binned after Chelsea regardless of the result.

I could get behind Bielsa. I used to watch every Leeds game under him and they were never ever boring games.
I don't think we have the time it would take for Bielsa to drill his style into the team unless a lot of the Portuguese players don't get called up for the WC. I suppose only Neves and Nunes are certainties, Sa doesn't really matter

OK I'm ready to join the Lage out club now. Something has to change and I'm not sure that Lage is the only problem but that would be a start. My concern is what prospective manager is going to take the job with the obvious holes in the squad which can't be remedied before January. Would be on a hiding to nothing for the rest of this calendar year IMO

What holes? Maybe could do with a centre back but there are two that the current incumbent has thrown under a bus who should be tried. Midfield is as good as we have had in aeons. Wide positions are well stocked. Costa looks a useful striker to keep us going until Raul is back.

OK I'm ready to join the Lage out club now. Something has to change and I'm not sure that Lage is the only problem but that would be a start. My concern is what prospective manager is going to take the job with the obvious holes in the squad which can't be remedied before January. Would be on a hiding to nothing for the rest of this calendar year IMO
I don’t think there’s any issue about getting a new manager, we are a Premier League club with very good players and any decent manager would believe they would be able to improve this team. Confidence and belief has gone, others have mentioned the reaction from the fans and when you lose the away fans there’s little chance of recovering that. I was at Luton in the FA cup, the atmosphere was toxic and Solbakken was gone. I would be shocked (and disappointed) if Lage is in charge for our next match.

Just about every squad in the pl has weakness somewhere. Most managers will look at our squad and think I can get a much better tune out of these players.

Be sure to let us know in a year or so when you’ve concluded Liz Truss might not be up to it.

People feeling sorry for Bruno about losing his job, yes when someone in the real world loses their job I feel for them but not a PL football manager. He’s earnt enough money already and a nice pay off that’ll mean he probably won’t have to worry about money again.

I actually laughed out loud last night at his post match comments to the motd reporter.
Something along the lines of
Lage. "Do you know how many games we lost when we had a striker?"
Reporter. " Eh"
Lage. Repeats.
Reporter "er no"
Lage. " None"
Reporter. "What?"
Lage. "We've lost no games when we had a striker"
Reporter. "Er ok"

If you could have dreamt up a worse start to the season this would be it. We’ve plunged ourselves into a relegation battle whether you like it or not and are risking being cut adrift.
Sadly it was all so predictable at the start.

I actually laughed out loud last night at his post match comments to the motd reporter.
Something along the lines of
Lage. "Do you know how many games we lost when we had a striker?"
Reporter. " Eh"
Lage. Repeats.
Reporter "er no"
Lage. " None"
Reporter. "What?"
Lage. "We've lost no games when we had a striker"
Reporter. "Er ok"
So he's parading a 0 0 draw against a side who had let 9 in 4 days before, a 1 1 draw where his tactics cost us the win and a 1 0 win where the opponents centre forward effectively missed from 1 yard out. He also must be excluding Hwang who I'd suggest should be classed as one, be it a shit one.

I don't know whether he's saying that to protect his current job or to create a narrative for interviewing for his next one

If you could have dreamt up a worse start to the season this would be it. We’ve plunged ourselves into a relegation battle whether you like it or not and are risking being cut adrift.
Sadly it was all so predictable at the start.
The only reason I didn't predict relegation was I thought he'd be gone before the damage was terminal. That's going to be put to the test

The only reason I didn't predict relegation was I thought he'd be gone before the damage was terminal. That's going to be put to the test

The moment it’s evident that your yearly cash cow is under threat action is taken. Bottom 3 after playing a good spread of teams across the league is firing off all sorts of alarm bells and frankly there’s no green shoots of recovery.

Watching Arsenal yesterday and I was thinking "three years ago, we were objectively miles better than these".

It all feels like such a waste, we've voluntarily chucked away time, momentum and standing on someone who had a very, very low chance of ever being good enough. Nothing about his background ever suggested he was suitable and then we've hung on to him for too long when it was apparent nothing had changed.

We could come good again if we get the replacement right but the priority right now is survival - and that was never even close to being on the agenda not long ago.

So he's parading a 0 0 draw against a side who had let 9 in 4 days before, a 1 1 draw where his tactics cost us the win and a 1 0 win where the opponents centre forward effectively missed from 1 yard out. He also must be excluding Hwang who I'd suggest should be classed as one, be it a shit one.

I don't know whether he's saying that to protect his current job or to create a narrative for interviewing for his next one
Nah none of them, he's just a nob

They’re going to wait until the World Cup aren’t they? They’re letting him take us down. It’s almost unbelievable, they’re such an incredibly gutless Board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back