• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Is Bruno Lage A Good Manager Or Should He Go?

Back him or sack him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Evidence of just how badly we are doing everyone had Bournemouth as certs to go down They’re 2 points better off and have played Arsenal, City and Liverpool and have put more points on the board since the 9-0 thrashing.
Board are equally culpable in this shambles, firstly the appointment, secondly persisting with him when the evidence was screaming at them at the end of last season.
You don’t need to be an expert to realise that this wasn’t going to be a good fit.
1 win in 17 and 9 goals scored he’s entering Sammy Chapman, Tommy Doc levels of appalling form.

The only thing can be stopping them is the pay off he’s going to get.

I wouldn't think that's a factor. In PL terms he's lowly paid compared to his peers (as well he might be, as he's got no business at all being at this level) and he has less than two years to go. We don't have a big backroom staff now either.

We spent £27m on a wide forward who can't beat a man and never looks like scoring, we can pay Lage off. Use the money that they robbed off season ticket holders for a miles worse product than we had in 2019.

Some idiot decided to stick with him when they should have got shot 4 months ago and now they don’t want to lose face by admitting their mistake. I suspect the money is immaterial, it’s the price of shame they don’t want to pay.

The only thing can be stopping them is the pay off he’s going to get.
I don't think so . He's not a high earner compared to Nuno - and they sacked him and paid him off and his entourage .

He's as good as gone . It's just a matter of when . Should be tomorrow - even today .

There's a brilliant (awful) stat on twitter, which DW commented on, that since April we've scored less goals than Burnley....

It’s uncanny how things are playing out almost identically at the same time for Lopetegui. He looks to be gone in the next few days, maybe today, depending on how quickly they can sort Sampaoli as his replacement. Again, no comment on whether he would be a better or worse choice, but its odd and raises the long trailed likelihood that the guy hired to get us out of this mess has left his current employer in precisely the same situation.

Right - is there a thread on who we would like as our next Manager - No. 34 is it ?

We all agree that Lage is moving on..........so , who do we want instead ?

Some talk of Pedro Martins.......did well in Greece , but then it is Greece . Reports say that he's anxious to give the Premier League a go - am , sorry I don't want a Manager with ' L ' plates on - just because he wanted a turn .

Why does it have to be Portugese is what I want to know .

Lopetegui - is he over the hill ? Probably not , but things have not started well this year for Sevilla , could he leave them and turn it around here ?

Poch - Yes I'd take him , but would he come ? Has the experience in PL and that's hugely important for me .

I suppose you would say that he has badly underperformed of late at Sevilla, where he has 18 points from his last 15 games. Not even close to good enough for their ambitions and recent history.

Lage has 8 points from 15 games, which isn't good enough for anyone who isn't casting a football version of Brewster's Millions.

I really annoyed at how so many people have backed him for so long on the basis he needs time.
Only difference from this season to last is he isn’t picking up the undeserved wins which he did last season.
Win percentage down to 32% since being here.
PPG so far this season will see us end up on 29 points and comfortably relegated.

They’re going to wait until the World Cup aren’t they? They’re letting him take us down. It’s almost unbelievable, they’re such an incredibly gutless Board.
I don’t think so. Molineux will be toxic and Shi will get as much abuse as Lage if Lage is still employed by Forest.

I don’t think so. Molineux will be toxic and Shi will get as much abuse as Lage if Lage is still employed by Forest.
Agree - when the mood has turned as it has , then two weeks is a very very long time to wait .

A caretaker Manager would be better than what we presently have .

If we have to wait three weeks ( with a caretaker in charge ) , until a new Manager is appointed , then I'd take that .

Agree - when the mood has turned as it has , then two weeks is a very very long time to wait .

A caretaker Manager would be better than what we presently have .

If we have to wait three weeks ( with a caretaker in charge ) , until a new Manager is appointed , then I'd take that .
Indeed. They can't do any worse. How could they? We never score and have an abysmal record.

Duncan Ferguson is no kind of Premier League manager but he got Everton some points on a caretaker basis.

If we can’t get who we want get Rob Edwards in as caretaker. Available and knows the club.

Klopp is presiding over a bit of a shit show at Liverpool, but has a track record to fall back on. Same with Rodgers and Moyes (less so now thanks to us). Lopetegui has a previous record too.

These managers will all get work if they were to get sacked. But they also get a longer rope.

Bruno Lage has no record and will struggle to find work outside of midtable Portuguese clubs. He does not deserve a long(er) rope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back