• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2021 Transfer Window

Chelsea won't let Giroud go to a potential rival to a Champions League spot. I'm not for one minute saying that we will make the top four but having been close to them last season and being a couple points behind them this season you could understand why they might think that way.

He's playing for France so can't see his spot in their squad being under threat and he'll have multiple lucrative 3 year deals to sift through in January.
This, he's under contract so Chelsea can just say no or demand a huge fee.

Can't see Giroud agitating to force a move to us either

He could just buy himself out his contract and we pay that for him. 100k p/W over 26 weeks is £2.6m. If Chelsea are asking more than that or him then do it that way.

if he’s basically on strike and they ain’t playing him then they’ll be happy to get him off the wage bill and save that money.

Don't be silly, of course we can just make him move from London (where he's been settled since 2012) and play for a miles lower profile club.

If you could cherrypick a ready made short term replacement (although he isn't like for like with Raul), then he'd be right near the top of the list. However it doesn't work like that.

I'm intrigued by the idea of Mandzukic more than what the reality probably is. You have to wonder why he hasn't had a club at all for five months, and that was in one of the very shittest of all the shitty desert jokeshop leagues. He hasn't played proper football for about 18 months, Juve didn't pick him for a single game in 2019-20.

Would tick a nationality off for us, mind. Don't think we've ever had a Croatian.

I literally searched for freebies, and was surprised to see him there too. Looks like he was meant to sign for Celta Vigo three weeks ago after rejecting Villa and West Ham, then it went quiet. I really liked him, two years without decent football will no doubt show though

Article from three days ago

Don't be silly, of course we can just make him move from London (where he's been settled since 2012) and play for a miles lower profile club.

If you could cherrypick a ready made short term replacement (although he isn't like for like with Raul), then he'd be right near the top of the list. However it doesn't work like that.

I'm intrigued by the idea of Mandzukic more than what the reality probably is. You have to wonder why he hasn't had a club at all for five months, and that was in one of the very shittest of all the shitty desert jokeshop leagues. He hasn't played proper football for about 18 months, Juve didn't pick him for a single game in 2019-20.

Would tick a nationality off for us, mind. Don't think we've ever had a Croatian.
I’m just giving the hypothetical scenario where if there was interest from us and he needed to leave Chelsea, then they can’t play silly buggers asking for £10m because there are ways around that.

Tbh if we’re at the right end of the table, he’s still not getting games and the Euros are round the corner, I’m not sure he’d care about moving out for 4-5 months.

I’m just giving the hypothetical scenario where if there was interest from us and he needed to leave Chelsea, then they can’t play silly buggers asking for £10m because there are ways around that.

Tbh if we’re at the right end of the table, he’s still not getting games and the Euros are round the corner, I’m not sure he’d care about moving out for 4-5 months.
You posted just as I pressed send, I was replying to Andy who was making the same point in a less facetious way :D

I think it's a longer shot than a typical Guedioura effort. You can ask, I suppose.

I think we’ll probably go back for Pepe in January - was probably always the case, just more urgent now.

It's quite possible we'll be far enough behind Chelsea by January for them not to see us a threat, so letting Giroud come to improve us and make us more likely to take points of their closer competitors might appeal to them. I think it all depends how bothered the France coach is about him getting game time - if Giroud's place in the squad is genuinely under threat I'm sure he'd at least consider it.

Just seen first two stories on BBC Gossip page and reported that both Juventus and Inter want Giroud. Hopefully he’s not a fan of pizza and pasta...

Inter have been linked with Giroud every window for about a decade!

Giroud would be great but I fear he will have bigger fish to fry and better offers.

The free agents list is a decent shout but its a bit thin. Cutrone is a non starter and Mir/ Bonatini lack the quality, even as a Silva back up.

Heres a thought for you. What about putting Dendonker up there? Before you laugh to much , he has a good touch and control , makes the right runs and can head the ball. For December he might do a holding job ?

How much have people seen of Mir to know he's not up to standard?

He was terrible for Forest - might just be one of those players suited to playing in Spain but wouldn't think he will be back here.

Agree, making an assumption but I didnt see much of BAS either and knew he wasnt up to it. Mir scored 0 goals in 11 games at Forest so he didnt set them on fire but has 12 in 28 on loan at Huesca. My assumption is based on the fact that he is on long term loan rather than appearances. He has the size . Nuno sent him off for a reason though. It may be worth a recall . In the interim Donk as an option?

Donck is not an option for centre forward 🤣

He's missed at least 4 easy chances this season, he's terrible at finishing.

Back