• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2021 Transfer Window

I also think we're short of an AM/Winger in our new formation. I'd love to see David Brooks here

He certainly did:

299957-4ec6e98895efc9a3c80e01802aa2f44ae6adddf3df467eb825e4e6f93b72dfc5.jpg

Get some Adidas Predator style stuff on the headgear, give those headers a massive swerve past the keeper.
Or get a big velcro one so he can just run the ball into the net.

Belotti would be an unreal signing, but not sure he'd want to compete with Jimenez and Silva - I think he would want to join as an assured starter.

He'd cost about £27m too.

Can't see us paying that having invested £35m in young Fabio.

It's partly why Giroud on a 1-2 year contract would be ideal: he's 34 and coming towards the end of his career and isn't starting at Chelsea with Abraham and Werner in front of him. I'm pretty sure his deal expires with them next summer too.

It's partly why Giroud on a 1-2 year contract would be ideal: he's 34 and coming towards the end of his career and isn't starting at Chelsea with Abraham and Werner in front of him. I'm pretty sure his deal expires with them next summer too.
Can we get him in January though?

If we can great, if we can't I wouldn't bother

Can we sign players on a free to play now, or do we need to wait until January to register them?

*Ahem* I'd take Mandzukic still until the end of the year, but otherwise the freebies are Ballotelli and Sturridge (I'm not suggesting either...)

Out of contract players can be signed at any time.

Can't be registered for our PL squad until Jan though

Pato is available too i think (again, not suggesting him, i think he's done)

Giroud is on about £110,000 a week at Chelsea. That would put him just behind Raul in terms of highest salaries at the club. You imagine he would want an improved deal to come here (which will be viewed universally as a step backwards/down a rung) - and it could also be his last big move in a competitive league (he might well move on to somewhere like China/USA eventually and get paid more) - so it's whether we would be willing to pay out that much on a player before knowing the full impact of Raul's injury and what kind of shape he'll return in, if at all - and that's not taking in to account whether we could get someone like Giroud on board with a move to us.

I'd be happy with him, for sure. But that's why I said he's not really a 'Fosun' signing. I don't really consider Marcal to be a fair comparison as he's only on about £35k a week so hardly breaking the bank.

I think the same thing with Giroud will happen as last year. Hardly plays until Christmas, looks like he's off, then Frankie has the epiphany that Tammy Abraham is actually an awful footballer, so Giroud starts getting games again and stays.

I think the same thing with Giroud will happen as last year. Hardly plays until Christmas, looks like he's off, then Frankie has the epiphany that Tammy Abraham is actually an awful footballer, so Giroud starts getting games again and stays.
He's got Turbo Timmy to go up front this time though so can see Giroud being available. Give him a 6 month contract for £100Kpw and tell him he's fighting for his place at the WC. I imagine if there's bonuses in it for getting us into the CL/ EL he'll want to make the move.

He's got Turbo Timmy to go up front this time though so can see Giroud being available. Give him a 6 month contract for £100Kpw and tell him he's fighting for his place at the WC. I imagine if there's bonuses in it for getting us into the CL/ EL he'll want to make the move.
That is it in a nutshell. I would add a one year option as even more of a sweetener.Its a no lose for Giroud

Chelsea won't let Giroud go to a potential rival to a Champions League spot. I'm not for one minute saying that we will make the top four but having been close to them last season and being a couple points behind them this season you could understand why they might think that way.

He's playing for France so can't see his spot in their squad being under threat and he'll have multiple lucrative 3 year deals to sift through in January.

Back